Creatine and Acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
keithgal

by keithgal on Wed May 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Creatine and Acne

Hello there,my name is Keith I am 29, when I was younger I had terrible acne and this really affected my confidence and left me feeling very depressed. In the last few years my acne has cleared up a lot, but know and again I still get a small breakout. I make sure that I wash myself properly, have a healthy diet, get enough exercise, drink lots of water, dont smoke, drink etc. I have been looking online for some supplements to help with my training in the gym. I want to give creatine a try but I have heard that this can cause acne, what advice would you give.

Kate99

by Kate99 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: Creatine and Acne

Hi, I haven't heard of creatine but it wouldn't surprise me if it did cause your acne to come back. It seems like whatever we want to do is decided by whether it will make acne worse - hate this condition.

Let us know what you decide to do and if it affects your acne.

seppo

by seppo on Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:17 am

Re: Creatine and Acne

I couldn't find any research connecting creatine to acne. I don't know enough about its effect on the body to comment further. But I do know that protein powders are very insulonogenic and can aggravate acne. Also, bodybuidlers tend to overeat, which can cause insulin resistance and aggravate acne. Those, in my opinion, are much bigger problems than creatine supplementation.
I'm also a talkhealth blogger. Please check my blog here: http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... ppos-blog/

3 posts