Please Help - trying to clear acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

22 posts
Johnsampson

by Johnsampson on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:51 am

Please Help - trying to clear acne

Hi, my name is John and I am 21 years old. For some reason over the past year my acne has come back worse than ever. I feel like I have tried everything with 0 success. I have seen a dermatologist but they provided no help and were clearly just after my money. I have tried Proactiv, Proactiv+, Benzoyl peroxide cleansers, salicylic acid, prescription grade adapalene, supplements such as zinc, probiotics, vitamins, cod liver oil, and pretty much every cleanser in existence. I have also tried every other remedy such as drinking heaps of water, changing my pillow case everyday, drinking apple cider vinegar, green tea, etc. I have tried dietary changes like cutting out dairy, sugar and wheat but this made no difference.
I am so beyond fed up with this acne, I try SO hard to get rid of it but nothing seems to work. It is such a terrible feeling seeing all my friends who put no effort into their skincare and eat junk have flawless skin. I would really appreciate any advice that anybody could offer.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:14 pm

Re: Please Help - trying to clear acne

Hi Johnsampson,

Thank you for posting on the forum regarding your acne. It sounds like a very frustrating time for you especially as you have been so pro-active exploring many avenues to try and alleviate your symptoms.

There is one more avenue you may wish to explore and that is looking at your gut microbiome. Please check out one of our client's websites and how an in-balance in your good/bad gut bugs can influence your skin. Please check it out here:

https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/health- ... t-is-acne/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

Nimesh1995

by Nimesh1995 on Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:02 am

Johnsampson wrote:Hi, my name is John and I am 21 years old. For some reason over the past year my acne has come back worse than ever. I feel like I have tried everything with 0 success. I have seen a dermatologist but they provided no help and were clearly just after my money. I have tried Proactiv, Proactiv+, Benzoyl peroxide cleansers, salicylic acid, prescription grade adapalene, supplements such as zinc, probiotics, vitamins, cod liver oil, and pretty much every cleanser in existence. I have also tried every other remedy such as drinking heaps of water, changing my pillow case everyday, drinking apple cider vinegar, green tea, etc. I have tried dietary changes like cutting out dairy, sugar and wheat but this made no difference.
I am so beyond fed up with this acne, I try SO hard to get rid of it but nothing seems to work. It is such a terrible feeling seeing all my friends who put no effort into their skincare and eat junk have flawless skin. I would really appreciate any advice that anybody could offer.
Hi Johnsampson,
I think you are fed up with your acne problems and you very afraid to do something. But don't worry. Always that happens because clogged with oil and dead skin cells. It may happen because the microbiome as talk health says. Anyway, you are fed up with these treatments are not?

try these methods its may help you. Its remedy.
Moisturize With Aloe Vera and lemon juice.
Aloe vera is a tropical plant whose leaves produce a clear gel.
The gel is often added to lotions, creams, ointments, and soaps. It’s commonly used to treat abrasions, rashes, burns and other skin conditions. :shock: :shock:
every time you keep your face clean. You have to defeat your germs in your skin. then wash your face low heat water and wipe out water slowly clean towel. and remember don't touch your face every time and dont squeeze the acne... 8-) 8-)

Ashuashu

by Ashuashu on Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:19 am

Acne problem is so frustrating problem in anyone's life. Which most of the time affects our self confidence and makes them inferior in society.

so here for you all, we have prepared a list of homemade face pack to counter the problems of acne, blemishes, pimples, dark spots. It makes the skin glowing and shining. And also boost up your internal confidence.

Homemade Face Pack For Glowing Skin

As we know, nowadays everyone using cosmetic products to look good and using cosmetic products means using chemicals. And when we talk about natural products, manufactured cosmetic products don't have with it Because our ancient never used cosmetics but still they look more brighter than our generation.

And in cost comparison, these homemade face mask cheaper than any cosmetics. Let's know the complete information about the homemade face pack.

Disclaimer: If you have any allergy from the mentioned product then please don't try that product.

Corriander - Turmeric homemade face pack

Did you ever think that the coriander leaf which we sprinkle on biryani to glow its Beauty could be secret to your skin? Most of the people didn't know about this homemade face pack for glowing skin, but we'll start the article with this secret homemade face pack.

Vitamin-C and antioxidants rich coriander leaves are the secret ingredients to get glowing skin. These will open the blocked pores and remove the dust and dirt particles from the skin. While turmeric helps in removing the excess oil from your skin which is the main reason for pimples. This is one of the best homemade face pack for glowing and fair skin.

Required Ingredients

Corriander leaves
Turmeric powder - 2 tbsp

Procedure

Take some coriander leaves
Blend the coriander leaves along with two tablespoons of turmeric powder.
Apply the paste on your face correctly, especially on your nose.
Keep the paste overnight on your face.
Wash off the paste on the following day( morning ) with cold water.

You can use this face pack multiple times in a weak, according to your skin requirement.

This homemade face pack is especially for those people who suffer from blackheads, pimples, and dark spots. Turmeric and coriander's lotion will rid pimple's problem in a natural way.

This is the best homemade face pack for glowing skin in summer. With this, you can look more attractive.
It Removes the excessive oil and blackheads over the nose region and nourishes the skin cells.

This is the first homemade face pack for glowing skin. Let's move to the next one with more surprising Benefits.

Curd and Gram face pack for dry skin.

Now, here is something for those people who have dry skin. This homemade face pack is a mixture of besan and curd to remove the dryness from the skin layer.

As we know besan or gram is a great cleansing agent And curd has a moisturizing property. A mixture of these ingredients with a tablespoon of honey will help to heel your dry skin.

Required Ingredients

Besan - 1 tbsp
Curd - 2 tbsp
Honey - 1 tbsp

Procedure

Take two tbsp of besan, one tbsp of curd.
Mix it well along with 1tbsp of honey and prepare a paste.
Apply the paste uniformly on your skin.
Wash off the paste within 5-10 mins.

This is a perfect homemade face pack for you if you have dry skin. It clears the wrinkles and blemises from the skin. But do you know yogurt and curd both are different!!

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:47 pm

Johnsampson wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:51 am
Hi, my name is John and I am 21 years old. For some reason over the past year my acne has come back worse than ever. I feel like I have tried everything with 0 success. I have seen a dermatologist but they provided no help and were clearly just after my money. I have tried Proactiv, Proactiv+, Benzoyl peroxide cleansers, salicylic acid, prescription grade adapalene, supplements such as zinc, probiotics, vitamins, cod liver oil, and pretty much every cleanser in existence. I have also tried every other remedy such as drinking heaps of water, changing my pillow case everyday, drinking apple cider vinegar, green tea, etc. I have tried dietary changes like cutting out dairy, sugar and wheat but this made no difference.
You may have to try a antibiotic medication prescribed or dermatologist.

Bunnykins83

by Bunnykins83 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi Johnsampson,

I really feel for you. I went through the same for years. The only thing that worked for me was Roaccutane. I know its had a bad press regarding depression and suicidal thoughts but I was fine on it even though I had struggled with depression for years.
I had to go on it again a few years later but it did the trick. Antibiotics didnt do anything for me. I was on them for years.

Hope you find something that helps.

Jane Cena

by Jane Cena on Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:36 am

Are there natural acne cures that work or is it a new age myth? Is there a permanent cure for acne or are all acne sufferers sentenced to the Sisyphean battle of tackling the ‘on the surface’ symptoms? Is there an honest, natural and safer alternative to the endless use of over the counters and to the nasty side effects inflicted by conventional drugs, creams and topical acne treatments?

Most dermatologists and other western medicine followers have already answered that controversial question by claiming that acne, among other diseases simply cannot be cured.

There are 2 reasons for that:

1. Most dermatologists don't even know what the real cause of acne is. It's amazing but true. They are highly familiar with the symptoms of acne and they specialize in tackling the 'on the surface' symptoms, but unfortunately they cannot tell you what the internal conditions are that cause your acne to form in the first place. If you don't believe me just ask your dermatologist.

2. Most doctors work in conjunction with the pharmaceutical and drug companies and the latter is not motivated, so to speak, at discovering a cure for Acne or Aids or Cancer - simply because hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent on finding treatments for the symptoms of diseases. Why? simply because their global aim is to make more profit by creating consumer dependency. By applying medications and creams that deal merely with the symptoms while ignoring the source or the internal cause of the disease, acne will never be cured. The average acne sufferer will become more and more reliant on drugs that temporarily calm the symptoms and that means steady income for the drug and pharmaceutical companies.

There's a lovely metaphor describing acne among other chronic diseases and the way modern medicine deals with these afflictions: If you manage to kill all the mosquitoes around a stale pond using chemicals, for a little while there will be no mosquitoes.

But since the source of the problem (what causes the mosquitoes to appear) is still there – the stale, disgusting pond where mosquitoes can find food and fertile ground for laying their eggs – mosquitoes will always come back!

The same thing happens with your acne!

Without eliminating the source of your acne condition, you will never get rid of your acne. Without fixing the internal problem that is causing your acne, you may find temporary relief, but your acne will always come back until you do something fundamental to eradicate the cause from within...until you make the pond (your body or internal system) a place where ‘mosquitoes’ cannot exist.

Ultimately, every disease results from a breakdown within your body. All major diseases and chronic conditions are warning signs of something very fundamentally wrong inside. Deepak Chopra refers to this as "The violation of simple laws of nature that make our body function."

The very surprising truth is that you are lucky for having acne. Let me explain...Acne, like constant headaches, irritable bowel syndrome or dandruffs is only a small message from your body that something is wrong internally and should be addressed and corrected.

Now, there are two choices you can make - you can:

1.Ignore that message - big mistake! The internal imbalance that caused your acne will, in most cases, turn into a chronic condition. Now instead of just having acne you'll start having other hormonal imbalance or toxic overload related symptoms in addition to acne. Because the internal problem is not fixed, the disease symptoms get more and more intense.

2.Listen to your body and start fixing the internal problem that causes your acne to appear in the first place; you will not only get rid of your acne you will also achieve beautiful, healthy, even toned clear skin complexion, re-balance your body and prevent future hormonal or toxic overload related conditions.

The simple truth is...you are out of balance. We now live a 'far-from-natural' lifestyle. There are over 300 synthetic industrial chemicals present in our bodies that did not exist 50 years ago. We are filled with toxins from the food, and medication we ingest and use.

By fixing the internal condition that causes your acne in addition to adopting a healthy lifestyle (healthy diet & mindset, cleanse & detoxify, hormonal balancing etc.) you will put your body back into balance – holistically - your acne will cease to exist and you feel as healthy and attractive as ever!

It doesn't matter what type of acne you have. Whether you suffer from: acne vulgaris, acne Conglobata, acne Rosacea, Acne Fulminans, Blackheads, Whiteheads, Papules, Pustules, Nodules or Cysts: The principles required to cure your acne are basically the same. The "holistic" ways of treating people have been around for thousands of years, and they absolutely work whether you have teen or adult acne; whether you suffer from acne on your back, shoulders or chest or if you suffer from female related acne such as menopause acne or acne due to monthly cycles.

Whatever your acne condition is, when you finally decide to stop making the same acne treatment mistakes that have been holding you back and begin applying the holistic approach to curing acne, you can literally choose to become clear and stay clear. You will have the power to make it happen.

aanyagaud6031@gmail.com

by aanyagaud6031@gmail.com on Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:56 am

5 skin-friendly foods that help treat acne

Beetroot It is a purple-coloured veggie high in vitamin A and E. It also contains essential minerals such as potassium, calcium, sodium, and magnesium, all of which are crucial for the health of your skin. Beetroot is an effective detoxifier that aids in eliminating toxic contaminants from your body.
The red grapes

Red grapes are a great source of antioxidants that help fight against free radicals and thus protect skin from damage. Consuming red grapes that contain seeds can aid in preventing the first signs of aging. Antioxidants also help reduce skin inflammation and, as such, can help to reduce the swelling and redness around the acne.

The pumpkin seeds
Incorporate pumpkin seeds into your diet to reap the incredible benefits of these superfoods. They are high in zinc and vitamin E, vital for the skin, and they reduce pimples and aid in treating acne cysts and marks. They're a plentiful supply of omega 3 and 6 fats. Sprinkle some tasty and nutritious seeds on your vegetables and fruit salads.

Berries:
Dark berries, such as blackberries and blueberries, are recognized as antioxidants powerhouse. Antioxidants help reduce oxidative stress and, consequently, aid keeps your skin looking young for an extended time. Berries, in general, contain many minerals and vitamins that aid in increasing your body's metabolism. They are low in glycemic, and therefore, they help ensure that blood sugar levels are within a specific range.

Fish oily:
If you're one of those in love with the dewy, glowing skin look sweeping the internet this year, fatty fish must be your go-to food each day. Omega-3 fatty acids are one of the most magical vitamins for skin since they promote an overall healthy glow type of skin that everyone is fascinated by. They can heal skin from within and help reduce the appearance of acne marks on the face.

nancypmartinez42

by nancypmartinez42 on Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:33 am

Johnsampson wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:51 am
Hey Johnsampson,
Dont worry about the scars, it is normal at your age. The main reason is the hormonal changes and the overproduction of sebum in the glands. It may be treated by some home remedies. It helps to reduce the severity of the scars. Dont touch or pluck the pimples. When we touch on it there is more chance to get a scar. If you cannot handle this stage better do. This treatment helps to remove the scars to an extent. Otherwise, try to enjoy your present age, by avoiding thinking of scars.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:31 pm

I know this won't cure your acne BUT - if someone cares about you - they'll realize your acne isn't your fault. It isn't because of junk food or poor skin hygiene: it is because of a medical condition no cream or lotion can change.

I hate saying this: but there is little you can do. It sounds terribly negative but maybe it is true.

I am not trying to dash your hopes, though: you can still try various treatments but don't expect a miracle.

22 posts