(24M) What am I doing wrong?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

5 posts
YouEntire

by YouEntire on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:09 pm

(24M) What am I doing wrong?

Hello, I keep getting acne only around my chin area and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, sometimes its worse than other times. I get white heads and red spots but my cheeks and forehead are clear. I use a Braun series 9 electric shaver in the morning before I get in the shower, I make sure to clean it properly and change my pillows.

AM

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

The Ordinary Niacinmide 10% + Zinc 1%

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cream Gel

PM

Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant (Wait 5-10 minutes before applying moisturiser)

Other Information:

About 2 years ago I went on Roaccutane for about 5 months, mainly due to my back which is now completely clear, but in the first 3-4 days alone I noticed a massive improvement, all my white heads, acne was gone, I wasn't even using a cleanser or exfoliant, only basic Nivea moister from the tub, and my skin had never been clearer.

I tried the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel version but I felt like this left my skin too dry.

I have a few spots on my scalp, using T-Gel didn't seem to work at all, but this also completely went away when i was on Roaccutane.

Thanks

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:15 am

Re: (24M) What am I doing wrong?

Hi YouEntire,

Thank you for your post regarding your acne. Could it be that your skin is reacting to any of the inactive ingredients in the skincare that you are using?

You may also want to investigate not just treating topically but addressing a possible route cause which could be an internal problem actually relating to the gut. Please find more information here on that from one of our clients 'Chuckling Goat' here:

https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/product/acne/

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:34 am

Do remember acne is not always caused by dirty skin. People with acne often actually wash their face more often than those without acne. So it is not your fault. Junk food also does not cause acne. Acne is a hormone inbalance and can also relate to the gut.

Don't strip your skin: gentle products are key. DO NOT use skin peels: never treat your skin in such a nasty way. A light, oil-free moisturiser should work. Most acne skincare treatment lines do such moisturisers. Keep up your skincare routine, though: you ARE doing good for your skin. You can also use spot treatment sticks: like The Body Shop tea tree spot treatment stick. It is fairly cheap, too. Also, there is a light treatment available. They use blue light or something to treat acne. I am not sure of this, so do Google it. Again, though, don't use harsh skin peels. If you must use such a peel, use a very, very gentle one. Care is key.

I do hope I've helped.

Acne Remove

by Acne Remove on Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:28 am

If you have acne on your chin repeatedly for a long time, your chin's skin barrier is broken, so even if you cure the acne, acne will break out again under external irritation or bacterial infection on the skin. Perhaps your razor will destroy your skin barrier.

The ability of skin care products to treat acne is very limited. After you use skin care products, the acne disappears because of your skin's own treatment mechanism.

The treatment of acne mainly depends on drugs, but whiteheads can be eliminated with AHA or BHA.

The main function of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is oil control. Do you have anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and sun protection during the daytime skin care.

Salicylic acid has the function of exfoliating keratin. If your chin skin barrier is broken, you should avoid using salicylic acid on your chin as much as possible to repair the skin barrier.
Help you get rid of acne.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:39 pm

YouEntire wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:09 pm
Hello, I keep getting acne only around my chin area and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, sometimes its worse than other times. I get white heads and red spots but my cheeks and forehead are clear. I use a Braun series 9 electric shaver in the morning before I get in the shower, I make sure to clean it properly and change my pillows.

AM

The Ordinary Niacinmide 10% + Zinc 1%

PM

Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant (Wait 5-10 minutes before applying moisturiser)

Other Information:

About 2 years ago I went on Roaccutane for about 5 months, mainly due to my back which is now completely clear, but in the first 3-4 days alone I noticed a massive improvement, all my white heads, acne was gone, I wasn't even using a cleanser or exfoliant, only basic Nivea moister from the tub, and my skin had never been clearer.

I tried the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel version but I felt like this left my skin too dry.

I have a few spots on my scalp, using T-Gel didn't seem to work at all, but this also completely went away when i was on Roaccutane.

Thanks
You could speak to the pharmacist about options.

5 posts