Please help me treat my acne/scars, I'M DESPERATE AND I HAVE SEEN THE GP ALREADY TWICE

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

11 posts
oliver3450

by oliver3450 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:03 pm

Please help me treat my acne/scars, I'M DESPERATE AND I HAVE SEEN THE GP ALREADY TWICE

I'm so desperate, tried Epiduo, benz p, etc. For some goddamn reason if I get a pimple on my chin/philtrum it fades in 2 days and leaves no scar, but on my cheeks I have a buildup of scars from 6-12 MONTHS AGO!!!! I'm 16, acutely depressed, and have illicitly ordered tretinoin which should arrive soon. What else can I do but die?Image https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pgRrtw ... sp=sharing PLEEASSSEE :(((( IVE SPOKEN TO THE GP AND HE SAID THERE'S NOTHING MORE THEY CAN DO :(((((((((((((((

scilover

by scilover on Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:19 am

Re: Please help me treat my acne/scars, I'M DESPERATE AND I HAVE SEEN THE GP ALREADY TWICE

you can try on a lemon. Lemon works as a natural bleach and helps lighten any kind of scars on your skin. It removes dead skin cells, promotes new skin cell growth, and improves skin elasticity.

Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil.

Apply to your acne scars before going to bed.

Wash it off the next morning.

Repeat daily.

Dr Sree Krishna

by Dr Sree Krishna on Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:03 pm

Re: Please help me treat my acne/scars, I'M DESPERATE AND I HAVE SEEN THE GP ALREADY TWICE

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for posting your story and especially the photo. I can see that alongside the pitted scarring, you have active acne. It would make sense to switch off the acne before it develops into further scars. If you aren't happy with your consultation with your GP, it is quite reasonable to ask to see another. If they cannot help, you might want to gently suggest that you'd like a second opinion from a dermatologist.

Hope that helps,

Sree
Dr Sreedhar Krishna
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Clinical Fellow in Dermatopathology

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... ar-krishna

Acne Remove

by Acne Remove on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:34 am

Looking at your photo, the main types of your facial acne are papules and pustules.

Topical use of benzoyl peroxide and antibiotics can treat acne.

Do not use soap-based facial cleansers. Facial cleansers with too strong cleaning power will destroy the skin barrier and make your acne worse.

Eat fewer sweets and more meat, eggs and vegetables in daily life.
Help you get rid of acne.

Prycejosh1987

by Prycejosh1987 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:36 pm

oliver3450 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:03 pm
I'm so desperate, tried Epiduo, benz p, etc. For some goddamn reason if I get a pimple on my chin/philtrum it fades in 2 days and leaves no scar, but on my cheeks I have a buildup of scars from 6-12 MONTHS AGO!!!! I'm 16, acutely depressed, and have illicitly ordered tretinoin which should arrive soon. What else can I do but die?Image https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pgRrtw ... sp=sharing PLEEASSSEE :(((( IVE SPOKEN TO THE GP AND HE SAID THERE'S NOTHING MORE THEY CAN DO :(((((((((((((((
You may have to see a dermatologist about it. They can sort out this issue, but it will hurt your pocket.

Shaniya11

by Shaniya11 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:53 am

If you have hyperpigmentation/scars, try this potato masks. They are quite good. I suffer from both body and facial acne. Mine is hormonal, it started during my teenage years. I still haven’t found any solution for the pimples but this potato and turmeric masks help a lot with scars. So many people on the comment section also says it worked for them. You might wanna consider doing this cuz getting rid of pimples completely isn’t that easy as you may already know.
- using potato juice
- Turmeric mask. I highly recommend trying these out.
Vitamin C also helps with scarring
These are three things which have worked for me.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:09 am

Using natural skin treatments may well work at reducing acne scars. Give them a go!

stevenmark

by stevenmark on Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:00 am

Can anyone help in treatment of psoriasis?

LucasBlack78

by LucasBlack78 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:17 am

For acne scars, you can try a few home remedies such as lemon juice, honey, aloe vera, and Black Seed Oil. These components are known to help reduce spots and scars caused by acne. Natural remedies help you save your money, and there is less chance of side effects.

11 posts