Teenage son (17) with bad acne on cheeks

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
Ianmc2802

by Ianmc2802 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:16 pm

Teenage son (17) with bad acne on cheeks

Hi, my 17 year old son is suffering from acne on both sides of face, mainly right and is really suffering. We have seen 2 different dermatologists now. Last one had him on doxycycline, which was helping a fair but, but he wanted it to do more. She changed his prescription to Clindamycin in Sept 2020 and it has come back as bad, if not worse, than before. I assume then that this Clindamycin does not work on the type of bacteria my son has and he should go back to previous doxycycline.
Does anyone have any experience of either of these antibiotics ?
All suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards Ian

limogesbeauty

by limogesbeauty on Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:30 am

Re: Teenage son (17) with bad acne on cheeks

Telling your teen that the pimples, blackheads, and other blemishes will eventually clear on their own may do more harm than good. During the teenage years, just about everything can seem stressful. That said, anything you can do to reduce stressful situations can help. Stress can cause acne to flare. If your teen sees a dermatologist, giving your teen time alone with the dermatologist can help everyone. It allows the dermatologist to find out want your teen wants and create a bond. This can be a lot harder to do when a parent is in the exam room.

HealthStasia

by HealthStasia on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:54 pm

Re: Teenage son (17) with bad acne on cheeks

acne breakouts can be because of numerous reasons, including hormonal changes or hormonal imbalance, an unhealthy diet including lots of deep-fried and junk food, the release of cortisol hormones because of excessive stress, excessive production of sebum, and much more. acne in certain areas can actually indicate underlying health problems.

3 posts