How to Get Rid of Body Acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

5 posts
getridofbodyacne

by getridofbodyacne on Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:39 pm

How to Get Rid of Body Acne

Mild to moderate body acne is 100% manageable. This applies to ingrown hairs, razor bumps, and burn as well. For severe acne, consult with a dermatologist.

So, how do I get rid of it? Apply a topical spray product that contains salicylic and glycolic acid to affected areas after cleansing twice daily, approximately 12 hours apart—typically in the morning and at night—before you start your day and after the day is over. You want to cover the entire surface area of affected areas by spraying and then gently rubbing it in with clean hands.

But I only shower once a day. Cleansing the body without taking a shower can be a nuisance. Another option: gently wipe affected areas with noncomedogenic baby wipes.

Also worth noting: do not pick. Allow blemishes to heal naturally. Squeezing at blemishes prematurely will likely only make them worse and result in future breakouts. Patience. Allow the ingredients to work their magic.

The problem: Most decent body blemish products only contain salicylic—and not glycolic—acid. This is a mistake. The two complement each other to more effectively combat and prevent body blemishes. The skin on the body is less sensitive and thicker, with larger pores, than that of the face. A more aggressive array of ingredients than merely salicylic acid is needed for best results.

The problem, continued: Some products go too far in the opposite direction; alcohol-based ingredients are too drying and too harsh on the skin and can cause breakouts. Fragrances, dies, and ineffective “natural” remedies do nothing but hike up prices and potentially cause irritation. Benzoyl peroxide can be extremely drying and irritating and is ill-suited for treating the body; it is expensive and bleaches clothing.

The problem, CONTINUED: of the few products on the market that do contain both salicylic and glycolic acid, they are not cheap. Replenix Gly-Sal® Spray, often recommended by Dermatologists, costs $25 for a 3oz bottle. That is not conducive to affordably covering the surface area of one’s back, neck, and chest, for instance, twice daily.

A solution: SimpliClear Body Spray contains salicylic and glycolic acid as well witch hazel, aloe vera, and vitamin B3. It is not only the cheapest but also the most effective product on the market.

arra110700

by arra110700 on Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:08 pm

Re: How to Get Rid of Body Acne

I've had a lot of acne in my back and am grateful that a friend advised me to see a medical professional. I had my acne treatment, and so far the results have been fantastic. I strongly advise you to have your treatment.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:24 am

getridofbodyacne: great advice.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:07 pm

To assist your body skin break out with disappearing or to keep it from returning, attempt these dermatologist-suggested tips:
  • Shower in the wake of perspiring. ...
    Wear baggy, breathable apparel. ...
    Wash exercise garments after each utilization. ...
    Try not to pick or pop pimples. ...
    Try not to clean. ...
    Stay away from grinding. ...
    Actually look at your eating routine. ...
    Actually look at your drugs.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:15 am

advhccenter wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:07 pm
To assist your body skin break out with disappearing or to keep it from returning, attempt these dermatologist-suggested tips:
  • Shower in the wake of perspiring. ...
    Wear baggy, breathable apparel. ...
    Wash exercise garments after each utilization. ...
    Try not to pick or pop pimples. ...
    Try not to clean. ...
    Stay away from grinding. ...
    Actually look at your eating routine. ...
    Actually look at your drugs.
Most of these I agree with: definitely not overwashing. Even acne prone skin deserves respect and gentle care. Not popping pimples is important too: the skin will bleed and be in even more pain. Gentle is best.

Medications can play a factor in healing acne or causing acne. But this is different for every person. Do what works for your individual skin type. And DON'T scrub your skin raw or use harsh exfoliants or even skin peels. These are nasty: show your skin some respect.

5 posts