Don't know what to do from here

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
Swimgal258

by Swimgal258 on Mon May 24, 2021 3:51 pm

Don't know what to do from here

I've suffered with acne since I was 11, I'm now almost 24. Have been on antibiotics for 8 years and tried duac, differin, epiduo, adapalene and benzoyl peroxide to treat my acne. My GP has referred me several times to a dermatologist my referrals always get rejected. My skin isn't responding to antibiotics anymore so I don't know what to do. Anyone got any ideas?
Attachments
skin.JPG
skin.JPG (358.24 KiB) Viewed 14673 times

robynelizabxth

by robynelizabxth on Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:52 pm

Re: Don't know what to do from here

Hey Girl!

I totally feel your pain! :( Im 21 and 6 months ago this was me. I don't want to sound like a dick but my skin looked the same as yours. I was trying sooo many products and stressing because nothing was working. I'd tried all the prescribed creams under the sun and nothing. If anything my skin was getting worse. I was on Lymecycline for around 4 months and this really helped the angry spots but the blemishes, not so much. I find aloe vera really gentle and calming, my skin reacts to things quickly and is very sensitive.

Around about a week before Christmas and the lockdown, I didn't want to put makeup on my face for Christmas just gone, but I really couldn't face not having anything on it I was so self conscious if it . It's random, but I remembered whenever I used fake tan on my face, I'd use fake tan and found it drying enough so my spots would go, but not enough so my skin would completely dry out if ygm?

So I did some research, and found a face fake tan with CBD oil and OMG this has changed my life. Its the UTAN X JAIMIE GENIVIEVE CBD TANNING WATER and WOW. The results were incredible!!! honestly has changed my life my acne is gone and I'm off the antibiotics. The shit is miracle working!!!!
I know its fake tan so maybe not for everyone, I just wish someone could've told me about it years ago to be honest.

Good luck & I'm sure you'll come out the other side!!!!
OH and remember you're beautiful with or without acne <3
x

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:43 am

Re: Don't know what to do from here

It goes to show the right products can improve the skin.

I'd advise you chop & change until you find your holy grail of skincare. The right skincare product IS out there, but you have to find it yourself. Just see what works and what doesn't.

3 posts