Acne cleared through food changes

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
paulsharetohelp

by paulsharetohelp on Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:36 am

Acne cleared through food changes

I had severe acne and I wanted to share my success in becoming completely clear by reducing the amount of saturated fat I consumed.

I tried and was prescribed many things.

I used different soaps, Retin-A gel, antibiotics (tetracyclines like minocin). Some gave me side effects, none of them cured my acne.

In the end I found that whenever I ate things with a lot of saturated fat in them - things like sausages, batter, butter, biscuits, cakes, some ice-cream, - that my acne would get worse and worse.

When I reduced those things and had things low in saturated fat like fish, vegetables, salads, fruits, potatoes, (garlic seemed to be helpful, seaweed like nori or kelp also) that after a while my acne got better and better and cleared up.

(I was actually ok eating nuts - even some with relatively high saturated fat, but they were the exception).

Now I am completely clear. I can get away with eating some things high in saturated fat now and again. However, if I eat lots of things high in saturated fat for weeks, then my acne returns and gets worse and worse.

I am sharing because I was lucky enough to find the reason for my acne. Hopefully it will help you too.

Paul

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:29 am

Re: Acne cleared through food changes

Junk food is known for causing acne.

Thankfully I've never had acne. But - then again - I don't touch junk food, like crisps or sweets. But your success story is wonderful: I am sure you've given people with acne hope. Because food does affect the skin: it affects the whole body.

I am glad for you. I hope many people find inspiration to know their acne CAN be controlled: even eradicated.

2 posts