Are these products non-comedogenic and good for acne?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
sina2002

by sina2002 on Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:32 pm

Are these products non-comedogenic and good for acne?

Hello,
lately my acne is really bad again and I want to change some of the products I‘m using. I really want to avoid comedogenic ingridients and things that are bad for your skin like drying alcohols or perfume. But I don‘t get What’s comedogenic and what‘s not (sometimes different websites tell you different things and I‘m so confused).
If someone is familiar with this stuff, I‘d be really glad if you could help me out with the following ingredients that are in the products I want to use.

SPF:
Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Silica, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propanediol, Undecane, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Niacinamide, Methylene BIS-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol, Tridecane, Salicylic Acid, Zinc PCA, Morinda Citrifolia Callus Culture Lysate, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Cell Culture Lysate, Ceramide NP, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Cholesterol, Stearamine, Mannitol, Hydrogenated Phosphatidylcholine, Phosphatidylcholine, Dimyristoyl Phosphatidylcholine, Trihydroxystearin, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbitan Oleate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

Moisturizer:
Allantoin
Aqua
Behenyl Alcohol
Bisabolol
Butyrospermum Parkii Butter
Carbomer
Caprylhydroxamic Acid
Citric Acid
Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate
Glycerin
Glyceryl Caprylate
Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides
Isoamyl Laurate
Octyldodecanol
Panthenol
Saccharide Isomerate
Sodium Hyaluronate
Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate
Sorbitan Stearate
Sucrose Cocoate
Tocopheryl Acetate
Xanthan Gum

JessieJimenez@proton.me

by JessieJimenez@proton.me on Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:44 am

Re: Are these products non-comedogenic and good for acne?

All I know about acne is all that the cosmetologist told me, and I think you need to consult with a cosmetologist

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:08 pm

Re: Are these products non-comedogenic and good for acne?

Unfortunately, I am no chemist. But you are right to be concerned about comedogenic products. You certainly do need non-comedogenic products to protect your skin. Also, even problem skin needs to be treated gently. This sounds obvious, but I'd avoid skin peels and harsh products that strip the skin.

Gentle skincare is best. For every type of skin.

3 posts