My Acne Story

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
wknidle@yahoo.com

by wknidle@yahoo.com on Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:18 am

My Acne Story

After taking Accutane in 2018 (5 months at 30mg a day), my skin cleared up and stayed clear for about 2 years. My acne did return, but this time around, it was more manageable. Instead of going on Accutane again, my dermatologist opted for a Rx strength topical regimen, which my skin reacted poorly to. My skin became very dry, which caused more acne than before starting the topical regimen. I tried a number of cleansers and skin care routines that all promised to work miracles.

Here’s the regimen that finally worked - I really love LRP as it's super gentle!
AM:
CeraVe Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser
La Roche-Posay Double Repair Facial Moisturizer with SPF

PM:
Blossomasks sheet masks for acne
La Roche-Posay Double Repair Facial Moisturizer

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:03 am

Re: My Acne Story

Anyone with acne, take note of the above post: it is very informative.

Thank you for sharing.

SpartaMe

by SpartaMe on Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:36 pm

Re: My Acne Story

wknidle@yahoo.com wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:18 am
After taking Accutane in 2018 (5 months at 30mg a day), my skin cleared up and stayed clear for about 2 years. My acne did return, but this time around, it was more manageable. Instead of going on Accutane again, my dermatologist opted for a Rx strength topical regimen, which my skin reacted poorly to. My skin became very dry, which caused more acne than before starting the topical regimen. I tried a number of cleansers and skin care routines that all promised to work miracles.

Here’s the regimen that finally worked - I really love LRP as it's super gentle!
AM:
La Roche-Posay Double Repair Facial Moisturizer with SPF

PM:
Blossomasks sheet masks for acne
La Roche-Posay Double Repair Facial Moisturizer

That's great that you found something that works for you! I'm sure it will be really helpful to other people on the forum who are looking for a good skin care routine. I'm particularly interested in the sheet masks you're using--have you noticed any positive changes since you started using them?

3 posts