What is the best cure to treat acne?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

14 posts
aimeesforeveryoung

by aimeesforeveryoung on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:05 am

What is the best cure to treat acne?

Hello! My sister has been having acne since 16. She is now 23 and have been to different dermatologist. Still, her skin is prone to having acne. It's summer here and I feel like her acne is breaking out. I just bought a book for her fAcne No More which she reads and follows some of its advice like putting honey and scrubbing my skin with the use of sugar or coffee twice in a week. I hope this could help her. By the way, could you give me a home-remedy treatment that surely can help her improve her skin? I hope you could help me so that I could help her. Thank you!

Britney_t

by Britney_t on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Re: What is the best cure to treat acne?

Hi, my name is Britney. Im 29 years old and have read many books on acne that family members have bought for me and I've done the home remedy's too. What made me want to respond was you saying that the summer is here and she is having more breakouts. I live in southern california and i have had the same problem for years and at age 29 i still struggle. I have come to believe that the less you touch your face the better. I also believe that the cause of our acne wont be helped that much through topical cleansers or scrubs because our acne is a result of a hormone disorder that is causing our skin to produce to much oil and not clean out our pores. I stumbled across a company on facebook about three weeks ago called Clear Complexion B-5. This product isn't a topical, it is a all natural liquid supplement that you drink. Its just made up of vitamins and and helps limit the amount of oil our pores produce. I have been so willing to try anything for years that i took the chance with a 6 bottle free promo they had and now after 2 weeks even with the warm summer approaching i have seen great results. It took about 5 days before i noticed anything but now i can tell it really is working. I've been cleaning my face with very mild soap and a warm cloth instead of my old handful of products and results are great. I hope that might be something your looking for.

Sincerely Britney

VannessaH

by VannessaH on Thu May 15, 2014 10:21 am

aimeesforeveryoung wrote:Hello! My sister has been having acne since 16. She is now 23 and have been to different dermatologist. Still, her skin is prone to having acne. It's summer here and I feel like her acne is breaking out. I just bought a book for her fAcne No More which she reads and follows some of its advice like putting honey and scrubbing my skin with the use of sugar or coffee twice in a week. I hope this could help her. By the way, could you give me a home-remedy treatment that surely can help her improve her skin? I hope you could help me so that I could help her. Thank you!

Sorry to hear about the problem you have right now. I am soon to be 26 after one month . My acne have developed since I was 15 or earlier . I don't even remember as it has really been bothering me for too long time. During these 10 years acne full of my back ( very serious ) , acne on both of my upper arms , my chest ( small amount of acne , the luckiest part ) , my face ( very serious ) , my neck ( start to have acne in my adulthood ) , my bum ( little serious ) . I fight for it more then 10 years . I tried acne cream but it dry my skin but that time in my teenager time was something more affordable for me. It made my skin become so rough and oily and dry , after that my skin even more acne. I was so depressed that time . I have problem with socialize afterwards . Because my classmate laugh at my acne as my acne was so serious obviously.
Finally I finish education and starts to work . I search online . I met dermatologist and the he gave me some pills to control my oil product ( USD $ 500 / year ) . It change my oil skin a little bit better ( I need to keep myself hydrated as the side effect the pill makes me feel lips dry and skin dry and thirsty all the time) and the scars is obviously full of my body and my face . The dermatologist suggest me to have laser which is good but the ask for USD $ 300 once a month ( so i keep to do it a year only on my face as I can not afford to my body part ) and if i stop it my skin become rough and oily and have acne again . I keep doing it for 1 year but too expensive so I stopped again. Until I find a skin care device which use the light therapy to clear acne and scars ( i bought on €150 that time but if you only have acne get the blue one it's €99 ). I use the blue light therapy twice a week before bed as my acne is quite serious so i would use as much as i could. The red light therapy makes myy oily skin become more hydrated and softer and my skin not dry out like the pills did to me ( which i use once a week in ). The scars fade it quite well now . I don't need to use the foundation to cover my scars any more as right now it's very very light scars at night . And in the day time my face looks like I don't have scars on. I am really happy with my skin now . Sorry for my long story but now I am working as a business woman . My presentable skin helps me to rebuild my confidant a lot . Hope my story would give you some good information.

Good Luck!
xoxo
Vanessa H.
Last edited by Guest on Fri May 16, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: unauthorised URL removed, check forum rules.

Sally Heep

by Sally Heep on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:42 am

Wash your face about twice each day - not more often. Make sure you have a mild soap. Use warm water. Wash gently; do not scrub the skin.
Experts advise the use of an OTC lotion which contains benzoyl peroxide.

David147

by David147 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:32 am

Do not put any products on your face! Ever!
I used Proactiv for three months and my skin actually got worse!
Same with every other cleanser, toner, and moisturizer I've ever tried.
There's something in store-bought products that is just bad for your skin.
You might see short term results but in the long run your skin will grow immune.

I've been struggling with acne (red bumps, white heads, black heads) since I was 5 years old.
No joke.
I'm now sixteen with perfect skin.

Here's how I did it:

Drink lots of water. A minimum of 4 bottles of bottled water a day. (1 bottle - half a litre, 4 = 2 litres)
You can skip green tea altogether if you like.
I used to drink 4 litres of green tea a day.
After the initial purge (2 weeks), I now drink 1 cup a day.
Wash your pillow cases every Saturday and never use the same case for more than one week.

justinhaddin

by justinhaddin on Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:18 pm

There are lots of best cure to treat with acne, usually normally if you face acne on your face then try to wash face twice a day, avoid oily food, eat leafy vegetables, take balance diet which helps to maintain to keep away from acne problem.

preetlove

by preetlove on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:50 am

You can use home made remedies like honey and lemon pack, alovera, raw milk with glycerin etc.

Radhika Lotankar

by Radhika Lotankar on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:16 am

Acne is something you get in all the age ,so measures to prevent acne is difficult at time but not when took proper care like keep your tummy clean , eat proper food , cut down on your fast food , drink a lot of water , try lemon and honey in luke warm water , but the all time best prevention measures is eat crushed neem tree leafs, I know this sounds a little weird but yet is a helpful measure to prevent acne .
Now even if acne occurs then put a dot of toothpaste on that before going to bed, it will help in acne disappear,but spot will there, but this method can help when urgently needed.

danakerr

by danakerr on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:28 pm

Someone quoted Proactiv. I must say that this product is very effective. I have tried it. However, you have to apply it regularly because your acne will surely come back if you stop using it. Do not lose hope, surely there is a product that will surely suit your condition. While you are looking for the best solution to your acne problem, try the simple tricks first. 1. Hydrate - drink lots of water 2. Watch your diet - eat lots of fruits and vegetables 3. Take skin supplements like Vitamin E; 4. Have enough sleep and 5. Avoid stress.

Good luck to you! :)

DemetriaRogers

by DemetriaRogers on Fri May 26, 2017 11:22 am

My personal opinion, Dermalmd blemish serum is one of the best acne serum out there. Works great for me, no complaints other than fading on material if you get it on something. But the product does its job and works great!

14 posts