dry lips

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
lynnie61

by lynnie61 on Wed May 15, 2013 10:17 am

dry lips

I am the mother of a 14 yr old boy who is 5 weeks into a course of Roaccutane. We were made fully aware of the side effects of the drug, however we didn't anticipate how bad his lips could get. I feel so sorry looking at my son with these lips that look like he has been stung by a swarm of bees. He does put soft parrafin on ( when he remembers), but he is getting so teased and ribbed at school that he is actually getting very aggressive now. I fear he could punch someone who says the wrong thing to him.
His lips had come down somewhat but now, as he has increased his dose for the next 4 weeks, they have doubled in size again. Any amount of consolation I give is on deaf ears and he is seriously threatening to stop the tablets altogether which would be a pity as his skin is so much better. Has anyone gone through the same and did you make it out the other side unscathed?? I am so worried.

jazzpollard

by jazzpollard on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:11 am

Re: dry lips

Honey is a great moisturizer and due to its amazing healing and anti-bacterial properties it can be used to ]treat dry lips. Take some pure honey and apply them on your chapped lips. When this remedy is repeated several times a day it will fasten up the healing process as well help in retaining the moisture of your lips. Else you can make a paste of honey and glycerin and apply them on the lips before going to bed to enjoy softer lips in the morning.
Last edited by talkhealth on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unauthorised URL removed. See forum rules.

2 posts