Dermatitus on face now spots

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
Kate80

by Kate80 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Dermatitus on face now spots

I hope i'm posting in the right catergory, but felt this was the closest to my problem.
Over the past few years my face has caused my difficulties. I have always had fairly oily skin but the last couple of years I have got very dry skin on my face, whilst still being very oily. It was scaly, red and inflammed, dry patches, very itchy, flakey (particularly round hair line) and was extremely difficult to know what to do for the best. It tended to be worse in the winter months. I visited my doctor and he believed it was a form dermatitis. He prescribed me Double Base Gel to use on my face to help with the dryness and calm it. I was still suffering with ichiness and he then gave me a steroid cream, but only wanted me to use it on my hair line/ears rather than on my face and only occasionally.
The problem I have now is my face tends to still be very dry after washing - I wash with Dermalogica special cleansing gel, then usually apply my the double base gel - the problem I have now is I am covered in small pimple like spots, which can be squeezed, mainly on forehead but also on my previously clear cheeks etc. I tried stop using the gel as felt it was maybe that clogging my pores and went back to clinque moisturiser for dry skin, I even rotated between the two every other day. But no luck, my skin is awful and there is no clearing it. Its dry after washing but covered in spots if I apply moisturisers.... I'm not sure what to try next - do I give up on all creams and invest in some nice dermalogica active moist cream which I have used some time back? Can anyone advise what to do for the best?? (I am 33 so feel my skin should be OK at my age). Many Thanks.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 am

Re: Dermatitus on face now spots

Hello Kate80 and welcome to our forums. I hope you will get some guidance from others who may have experienced some of the same issues as you.

We do have an online clinic on skin conditions opening in September - there will be a panel of medical experts on hand to answer patient questions. Appreciate it's a long way off but might be worth making a diary note. Here is the link - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2013.php
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts