Teenage and adult acne are both caused by demodex mites.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

1 post
ronniexbox

by ronniexbox on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Teenage and adult acne are both caused by demodex mites.

It is now widely researched and documented on-line that demodex mites are the main cause of acne in both teenagers and adults.
Because teenagers have extremely oily skin due to their hormones this provides an ideal breeding ground for demodex mites to thrive. Unfortunately the demodex mites faeces and decomposed bodies block the skins pores and creates bacterial infections which leads to acne. It is therefore necessary to kill the demodex mites and eliminate the cause of acne. It is also necessary to reduce the skins oil production. This is also true for adult acne where the skin is either too oily and/or there is a significantly higher number of demodex mites living on the skin than with adults who don't have adult acne. The same apparently goes for rosacea which is also caused by the demodex mites. The only non irritating way to kill the mites is with tea tree oil.
I have been using a lotion by mama nature called teenage dream which contains tea tree oil and jojoba oil. The makers claim the tea tree oil kills the mites and that the jojoba oil regulates the skins oil production. There theory about their product seems to have some basis. My acne is 80 percent improved after four weeks and even my acne scars are healing (though this could just be coincidence). My skin is far less oily than before which is surprising because this lotion contains jojoba oil but this is apparently great for oily skin. Because it contains oil it is not practical to use during the day but I contacted the makers and they assured me that the night time application was crucial and would work well. I apply this nightly before going to bed and there is no drying effect like clearasil etc. My sister who is in her late twenties and still has acne has been trying a sample I gave her and is really impressed with it. She seems to be reacting to it like me.
I would recommend researching the whole demodex mite theory because let's face it there don't seem to be any other theories that hold water.