Hello everyone. I'm new here.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
jamieshawn

by jamieshawn on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:21 am

Hello everyone. I'm new here.

Hello everyone :D I have been dealing with acne for almost 2 years now. I was not really caring about it at first, because I had worse acne last 2009, then suddenly cleared up maybe 2011. As in all hyperpigmentations, marks, are all gone. They started again maybe July of 2012, little by little. I was not worried at first, but for the past year, they have been intolerable. I have deep scars, and the hyperpigementations are really obvious.

I started treating this last December. I consulted a dermatologist who prescribed me with glycolic acid soap as a cleanser, then applying an acne healing toner, clindamycin to spots, then applying cortisone cream (I can't remember if its cortisone or tretinoin cream). It did not help me at all. My face got redder, and the acne got worse. I stopped treating for maybe a week or month, and later on decided to consult with another dermatologist.

This 2nd dermatologist prescribed me with her own version of glycolic acid soap, and a whole lot of others, but I only got the soap itself. It was good at first. The acne dry up faster, but as days pass by, they are doing the same. Acne after the other. Does not stop from appearing. Then maybe last July, I decided to take her Acne Topical Solution with bleach. My gosh. It made me break out worse than ever and the pimples are way bigger and more painful.

Then when my recent acne dried up last August, I decided to have microdermabrasion. My 1st session was August 15. I was really desperate to have my scars gone, cause I have missed a lot of special events due to this. They said that I should have around 12 treatments to fully see the results. I was planning to do it weekly, but less than a week after the session, I had breakouts again! So instead of microdermabrasion, I had a facial cleaning treatment and pimple mask the next week. It actually worked, but a week after, exactly the day for my 2nd dermabrasion, I had minor breakouts. I still continued, and the next week, I had several breakouts again and have to repeat the facial cleaning and pimple mask.

I grew tired of these so I was really hopeless. I was really considering Isotretinoin, but I am kinda afraid of the side effects or initial worsening of my acne. So I told myself, I am gonna consult another dermatologist and see what options I have, or to possibly begin the Isotretinoin treatment, and after that, I'm done.

I consulted a new dermatologist last September 10. I told her all I have gone through, and she told me Isotretinoin might not be an option now, since my acne were not that worse (wow, really!). She told me to stop everything I am using. She prescribed Papulex Moussant soap-free cleaning gel for my facial wash, and Epiduo Acne gel for the treatment itself. I was actually hesitant, because I am really tired of using these topicals. She told me to go back after a month to verify the results.

Well, 2 days after, I really like the results! My face still has the hyperpigmentations, but acne are very rare. I must be so excited but I noticed no breakout by then. I had maybe 3 breakouts yesterday, but the acne gel heals them faster. Today is the 1st week, and I love the results so far.

I really hope I have found the treatment which will literally save my life. Thanks for reading! :lol:

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Re: Hello everyone. I'm new here.

Hello Jameishawn and thank you for joining our forums.

You may like to know that we have an online clinic on skin conditions running this week and up until the 24 September. To ask our experts a question visit this link - http://bit.ly/1aJiht6

Hope this helps.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts