Questions about my spots and old acne.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

3 posts
james1988

by james1988 on Fri May 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Questions about my spots and old acne.

Hi,
I had bad acne when I was in my teens I then had accutane and it got rid of it. I sometimes get the occasional outbreak, but recently its been quite a long outbreak and its annoying. I'm hoping it will vanish soon again. Ive also had 2 on my back.

Ive got some marks on my back from when I've had big ones on my back from years ago. How can I get the marks and scars to vanish? Which cream should i use?

I think my spots are due to either stress (most likley) or maybe also or vitamin deficiny. I have what I would class as a decent diet with vegetables etc - but I've started taking a multi vitamin just in case.

If my spots ever got really bad I know I could take accutane again - but my spots arent bad enough or consistent enough for that right now (thankfully).

Do you recommend I take a multi vitamin? And what about Zinc? I have plenty of protein in my diet, but should I still take zinc on top of my multi vitamin? I dont think my multi vitamin contains any zinc.
And what about the marks on my back? What should I put on them to make them go completley?

Thanks

David147

by David147 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:36 am

Re: Questions about my spots and old acne.

Acne is a result of hormonal changes during puberty and right before your period. During this time there is an increase your skin's output of oil. Acne is also minimally related to the foods that you eat. (New findings show that foods containing white flour, potatoes and sugar raise the blood's insulin levels and testosterone levels also rise, promoting acne. Foods such as fruits and veggies will help keep insulin low and skin clear.)

Treatment should include gently washing your face gently with antibacterial soap several times each day. Noxema and other deep cleansing creams can be helpful too. Don't rub hard. Rubbing to hard and squeezing or popping a pimple can spread bacterial and inflammation, making your acne worse.

Hopefully by following this simple regime you will get rid of the excess oils, and your acne will clear up. If it doesn't then it may be time to enlist the help of a dermatologist.

3 posts