Teenage Acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

32 posts
bethanyarmstrong3108

by bethanyarmstrong3108 on Wed May 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Re: Teenage Acne

Im a 14 year old that has suffered with acne for about 3 years now. It rules my life, im a person that likes to try and look their very best always but with acne I cant look my very best. I have tried so many tablets and pills for acne but nothing seems to work, I have got a dermatology appointment coming up in August but I don't know what to expect. Does anyone know any surgical procedures that they can do?

Klips1589

by Klips1589 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:05 pm

I fought with acne using pure chimp super cleanser, it helped me much to have no skin problemns any more.

AAseeking

by AAseeking on Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:17 am

If your teen wears cosmetics, encourage her to use only natural, water-based products. Harsh chemicals, dyes, and oils will clog pores and cause acne to flourish.

bertyolmer

by bertyolmer on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:57 am

Have you ever tried zinc pills?!
There are many studies about the effect of zinc in combination with acne..
you really should try it

AveryBoy

by AveryBoy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:31 am

Hey

I have periodic phases of acne since i am 13 yo.
i said periodic because it happens really randomly.
My sister introduce me to aspirin and water paste and it seems to help when i go through crisis.

Any one else have tried that before?

justinhaddin

by justinhaddin on Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:54 am

In my teenager time, I also faced, acne problems. As we all know it happens due to hormonal changes in our body. I always had to clear my face twice a day and use honey on the face. I know how it is difficult to see spots on face. I also maintained my diet also.

Radhika Lotankar

by Radhika Lotankar on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:15 am

I had a lot acne when I was in my teenage, having oily skin I would always suffer from pimple problems, so then I started using this No1 Kesar face wash,I use it twice a day and I feel my skin is getting normal and no oiliness.
Last edited by talkhealth on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: For posting a URL against forum rules.

niamhholly

by niamhholly on Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi, I am a 16 year old female.

I've had acne for pretty much 5 years now. I've been on lymecycline, which was good to start with but after the best part of 4 years it had stopped working. I've recently swapped to erythromycin and it seems to be working but it does tend to take a while. I hate acne, it makes me so self concious. On top of that I suffer from KP and reynauds, so my face and skin turns red very easily while exercising or laughing or even if i blush the slightest. With KP, i have very unattractive red bumps on my upper arms and thighs. The combination makes me so self concious:(.

32 posts