Teenage Acne

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

32 posts
Sofia Scrivens

by Sofia Scrivens on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Re: Teenage Acne

i'm sofia I'm 17 and recently i thought it would be good to talk to other people with skin problems, I'm so self conscious to the point i won't meet friends, cancel plans, or go on dates with guys i like. this is really getting me down and I've tried everything, I've been to the dermatologist and the drugs i will take will have huge side effects:(
my ultimate wish is to have clear skin. Im getting so down about it and starting to feel like i can't even show my face infront of my family, confidence is at its lowest..
i wear lots of makeup to cover up scars, and worry about it during the day and what people are thinking. When i talk to friends i feel worse after it because i feel like they pity me and think I'm not pretty

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:20 am

Re: Teenage Acne

Hi Sofia

I hope you've had a chance to read some of the previous posts in this thread about how people have managed their acne. You may find some treatments work better for you than others and as you will see it can be a case of trial and error. Have you spoken with your doctor yet to ask for some advice? If not it is definitely something you should think about doing.

I hope some members of our community will be able to offer you some further advice.

Take care

The talkhealth team
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

32 posts