Teenage Acne on back

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

5 posts
SprinkleOfGlitter

by SprinkleOfGlitter on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:58 am

Teenage Acne on back

Hello, I am a young female teenager, I have bad spots on my back, which get on my nerves day to day. I wouldn't know whether to call it acne or not, but there are many of them. Some are not painful at all but some of them are extremely painful. I don't get spots on my face at all just on my back. I have also noticed I haven't had any periods for the last few months. I have only started generally getting these spots after my periods started in June 2014. They are becoming more annoying by the day. My back also feels greasy even after getting in the shower. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:21 pm

Re: Teenage Acne on back

Hello and thank you for your post.

First let's discuss your acne: Acne commonly starts during the teenage years and up to 80% of individuals will be affected by spots. Female acne commonly occurs at the age of 14 and approximately half of all those affected will get spots on their back.

Have you tried any treatments from the pharmacy at all? There are a few different ones available. Your local pharmacist will be happy to help you find one that is suitable for you. Treatments can take as long as 3 months to start to have an affect so please bear this in mind.

There are also things you can do at home to help manage your acne. NHS choices recommends the following tips to help:
•Do not wash affected areas of skin more than twice a day. Frequent washing can irritate the skin and make symptoms worse.
•Wash the affected area with a mild soap or cleanser and lukewarm water. Very hot or cold water can make acne worse.
•Don't try to "clean out" blackheads or squeeze spots. This can make them worse and cause permanent scarring.

If your acne is making you feel very unhappy or you cannot control your spots with over-the-counter medication from the pharmacy, I would recommend you make an appointment to see your GP.

Secondly: Many different things can affect your menstrual cycle, causing you to have irregular periods. It is not unusual to have a hormone imbalance for a few years after puberty causing them to be irregular. Excessive weight changes, exercise or stress can also affect your cycle. Try talking to an adult you trust if you are worried about this. Your pharmacist, GP or local sexual health services are really good resources for confidential and free advice. Use the NHS choices website (http://www.nhs.uk/service-search) to find your nearest one.

If you would like any more help please do get back in touch. I hope this helps,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

marchabc

by marchabc on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:02 am

No worries, there are a lot of natural materials to treat back acne. For example, you can use honey.

Honey contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, so it has the effect of eliminating the insect bite, red spots on the skin. It will make your acne skin smooth and bright. Simply, take pure honey and apply a thin layer on the skin and then wash. It is one the wholesome home remedies for back acne which can push up the healing process promptly. It can used to treat a lot of ailments such as sunburn, blemishes and milia.

Alongside, you also can use Apple Cider Vinegar or Green Bean.

Everything is mentioned in this source: https://authorityremedies.com/home-reme ... back-acne/

KITTUCHOW

by KITTUCHOW on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:40 am

Don't get stressed.Its a very common problem in teenagers.first use home remedies like apply honey and clean ur face 2 to 3 times in a day.if you don't find any results then consult an dermatologist
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Promotional URL not allowed: Removed

CorinaLuc

by CorinaLuc on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi. Spots on the back is acne too. Acne can affect the face, neck, chest, or back.
Maybe you outgrown it, but it's still work to know that UV rays (as in sunshine ) helps a lot.
UV are disinfecting and healing. That's why people acne improve after the summer holidays.

5 posts