Male 24 Total incontinence, Help please.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
TotalyRuined

by TotalyRuined on Fri May 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Male 24 Total incontinence, Help please.

Hi everybody I am a 24 year old male suffering from incontinence.
So about a year ago I started having these leakings whenever i drank coffe or took my ADD medication and I didn't care that much about it, I just stopped drinking coffe and stopped taking my medications but then with time it got gradually worse litterally day by day to the point where i couldn't even be at work because it got so embarrasing wetting my pants all day and people could really smell it on me and some of them even pointed it out that i smelled like urine.
So right now i'm on sick leave and have been for almost a year now trying to get sorted out with my bladder problems.
I've stopped haning out with friends and basically nowadays I never go outside at all.
This is so painful, both mentally and physically.
I can't believe this is happening to me.
Some days I feel like my life is not worth living.

I've been to an urologist some months ago who teached me how to do kegels and also gave me betmiga and an electric stimulating thingy. Nothing works.
I feel like she didn't really understand my problem fully and thought that I had stress incontinence or maybe it was just me who was bad at explaining my bladder problems to her.

So if i describe my problem for you more detailed it's like this, I can do anything or I should say it doesnt matter what ever i do im constantly dripping from my tip even right now as im sitting at my computer writing i can feel it. Tho it's not like an entire river is leaking out but it just drips a few drops but it's CONSTANT. :(
Really few days I can get lucky and be without dripping for as long as maybe 2 hour but not more than so.

I've been reading online as much as I can regarding this and something that stuck on my mind is the reason to why I got this and from what i've read and understood you can't develop this type of incontinence just like that. Then I read that an injury to the spinal cord could make you develop this kind of incontinence and i was reminded of pretty much when this all began.
I was at the doctor doing a bone marrow test and the doctor kept hitting the wrong spot with his 10inch long needle that he stuck right into my back between my bones and it hurt Soooo much, i almost passed out becuase of the pain. It took him like 3-4 tries before he hit the right spot.
Do you guys think that this could be the reason im having these problems? I wonder.
If so do you think that i should try to get in contact with that hospital and tell them how this caused my Incontinence?

I've set up a new appointment with the urologist in hope that I can somehow treat my condition and get better.
I've looked up different kinds of surgery and botox treatments but what scares me the most is that i could be forever bound to using a catheter for the rest of my life.
I don't want to stay like this either having to use pads for the rest of my life.
I hate my life as it is right now.
I used to train at the gym 5 days a week, on my way to a amateur fitness competition and I used to have a really social life with many friends, all is gone now.

Please is there anyone who knows what treatment could possible fit me to get all this sorted out, if there's even a way? I hate living like this.

Sorry for the text, I hope it's readable my native language isn't english.

Kelvin45

by Kelvin45 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: Male 24 Total incontinence, Help please.

Hi,
Firstly as i'm not sure what country you are living in, I will assume the UK. firstly your urologist should be sending you for the following two tests, a UroDynamic test Which measures things like bladder size, how much liquid it can hold, how much pressure you produce when passing water. Secondly you also need a Uroscopy ( a camera investigation of your Uretha and Bladder. theses are standard test and may give the urologist some idea of what is causing your problem.

Secondly, you need to talk with a continence advisor, they can help by prescribing a regular supply of incontinence products such as pads or all in ones (all disposable), such products arae also available at various pharmacies and online if you wanted to pay for them yourself. Pads would protect your clothes, absorb any fluid and also help contain the smell.

There are other methods including sheaf or condom Catheters, theses look like and are applied the same way as a condom but hey have an open tube ending which connects to a collection bag. The collection baags have a lengh of tubing the free end is inserted into the catheter and urine drains into the bag. the bag is fitted with a tap so that it can be emptied when convenient. there are also holes for strapping so that the bag can be attached to your thigh or to your lower leg (whichever is best for you).

I hope all of that makes sense and that you can get you problem sorted or at least get the help you need to cope with it. Many people with bladder incontinence lead a perfectly normal life and there is no reason why with help you shouldn't be able to return to work and to carry on with your social life.

chestnut7718

by chestnut7718 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:52 pm

IMG_4306.JPG
IMG_4306.JPG (174.12 KiB) Viewed 7070 times

chestnut7718

by chestnut7718 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 pm

I'm wearing seni quatro under this singlet.

4 posts