trauma to testicle and lump

Post your men’s testicular health questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
mansman

by mansman on Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:38 pm

trauma to testicle and lump

hello - I had a fall off a ladder about 6 weeks ago and subsequently injured one of my testicles. I had a sharp pain, felt quite sick and some swelling but that has now gone down. I didn’t go to A&E due to Covid, however I’m now left with a tiny hard lump which wasn’t there before the fall. Could this be scar tissue linked to the fall or should I be worried? Im concerned that maybe I should have got this looked at sooner. I called my GP in the end but he wasn't overly worried as the swelling had subsided.
He has referred me to a urologist just to check things out but thats not till August so unfortunately have a bit of a wait for that. Thanks

Mr Ian Eardley

by Mr Ian Eardley on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:16 am

Re: trauma to testicle and lump

From the story that you describe, the most likely explanation is that there was some initial internal bruising, which has turned into a small residual lump. There are other possible explanations, but a reaction to the injury is the most likely. It does need to be checked out by a doctor and you will need to have an ultrasound scan of the testis to be absolutely certain what has gone on.
Mr Ian Eardley
Consultant Urological Surgeon

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... an-eardley

2 posts