Acne Scars

Post your acne related questions for our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
scilover

by scilover on Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:27 am

Acne Scars

Hi.

I having a real trouble cause of acne scars. I did everything I could to fade off the scar but it doesn't really work. Help me cause I really need helps in this. I don't know why but I started to ignore the scars but it makes me sad every time I look at the mirror.

:( :(

Dr Sree Krishna

by Dr Sree Krishna on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:53 am

Re: Acne Scars

Hello there,

Would you be kind enough to share a photo so I can look at the nature of the scarring?

Thanks,

Sree
Dr Sreedhar Krishna
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Clinical Fellow in Dermatopathology

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... ar-krishna

professor andrew r thompson

by professor andrew r thompson on Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Re: Acne Scars

Hello

I'm sorry to hear that acne scarring is affecting your wellbeing. There may well be additional medical options for you to explore, so do consider approaching your GP and sharing further information on this website if requested by the contributing experts.

Support from organisations such as Changing Faces may also be useful in both helping to build confidence in living with permanent scarring and also exploring if if camouflage might be helpful.

Finally, as you refer to experiencing regular feelings of sadness I want to reassure you that you're not alone in experiencing such feelings and that there exists a range of treatments that can directly help. It is certainly worth looking at websites such as skinsupport.org.uk and the acnesupport.org.uk and of course taking the plunge to share these feelings with your GP.

Best wishes,
Dr Andrew Thompson
Registered Clinical and Registered Health Psychologist - DClinPsy., C.Psychol., AFBPsS., DipCAT., FHEA., BA(Hons)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ompson.php

3 posts