70% of hair coming out in clumps

Post your hair loss related questions for our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:19 am

70% of hair coming out in clumps

I was wondering if you can help I've lost about 70% of my hair it just coming out in clumps I got blood tests done they came back fine. I didn't tell the doctor on the phone about a lump on my breast it's been there for over a year. Could that have anything to do with my hair coming out? That was just some of it off the last two weeks but a lot more has came out. Thanks Molly
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Nevianna Bordet

by Dr Nevianna Bordet on Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:20 pm

Re: 70% of hair coming out in clumps

Dear Molly. Thank you for your message. I am concerned that you have found a lump in your breast and not informed your doctor. Please arrange an urgent appointment so that you can be examined and it can be investigated. The hair loss may or may not be connected. Whenever we are ill, our body can turn off hair growth. This can also happen with stress. The hair will then shed all at once and you may notice diffuse thinning on the scalp. This is called telogen effluvium and usually recovers within a few months. The blood tests are usually normal. Worrying about the lump may also cause telogen effluvium so its best you have it checked out soon.
Dr Nevianna Bordet
Consultant Dermatologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... bordet.php

2 posts