Dry skin round mouth

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:04 am

Dry skin round mouth

I have red patches round my mouth, above my chin. Also skin is dry...don't use make up ..have been using Nivea Micell Air..and also Neutrogena hydro boost to get rid of it...but I think the hydro boost is making it worse...Can you please tell me what to do. Linda
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Nevianna Bordet

by Dr Nevianna Bordet on Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Re: Dry skin round mouth

Thanks for your post. You could try to use a moisturiser that has a higher fat content and is designed for eczema. These are called ointments and can be found in the emollient section in any chemist. You do not need a prescription. If the red patches are also itchy then it may be eczema. In this case you may need a patch test as new onset eczema can be due to an allergy to something contacting the skin. Avoid fragranced products and try to stick to a simple skin regime with products that do not have many preservatives. Avoiding the use of wet wipes to remove make up may also help. If there is no improvement, I would recommend that you see your GP.
Dr Nevianna Bordet
Consultant Dermatologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... bordet.php

2 posts