Legs covered in spots

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:32 pm

Legs covered in spots

Hi both of my legs are covered in spots and it doesn’t matter what I do they never clear up. This has always been the case for as long as I remember. I got cream from my doctor Calmurid cream 10% and hydromol intensive cream 10% but there was no change apart from my legs feeling greasy all the time. My legs are also very shiny. Can you help please.

Dawn
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Julie Van Onselen

by Julie Van Onselen on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:22 pm

Re: Legs covered in spots

Dear Dawn, I am sorry to hear that you have a skin problem with your legs. I wonder how you apply your moisturiser, if you are rubbing in or stroking upwards, you may well have folliculitis, which is blocking of the hair follicles, causing redness (inflammation). If you are happy with Calmurid, a urea-containing cream is excellent for dry skin, try and apply by dotting the moisturiser on your skin and then using long downwards smooth strokes. Remember to use your emollient for washing, and apply your emollient after a bath shower, when your skin is slightly dry.I can't explain your shiny legs, but your don't mention dryness, only feeling greasy all the time. It is possible that the Calmurid cream, which is a heavy duty greasy cream, may not be suiting you and contributing to possible folliculitis, it may be worth changing to a lighter formation, for example Balneum Cream (5% urea), Oilatuml, Aveeno or Approderm colloidal cream. Please do look at the emollient factsheet on The National Eczema Society website: https://eczema.org/information-and-advi ... mollients/
I hope this is helpful information. All the best.
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

2 posts