Skin tags

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Bunnykins83

by Bunnykins83 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:18 am

Skin tags

I am in my 60s. I have some small skin tags on my neck some of which I had removed a few years ago. The skin on my neck is quite bumpy. Some of them look like skin tags developing under the skin.This has extended to my chest too. I take good care of my skin making sure I exfoliate gently, moisturise well and always use sun protection.
Is there anything I can do to make my skin smoother on my neck and get rid of my bumpy skin? It really annoys me especially as I spent years struggling with the lumps and bumps of severe acne on my face.Now I'm older I have this as well as the scars my acne left behind.

Dr Nevianna Bordet

by Dr Nevianna Bordet on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Re: Skin tags

Skin tags and seborrhoea keratosis (warty harmless bumps that develop with age) are common on the neck and chest area. Although they are totally harmless, many patients find them unsightly and irritating. As they are growths, they cannot be treated with a cream but instead have to be destroyed physically. Liquid nitrogen treatment, also known as cryotherapy, is usually very effective but has a small risk of leaving a scar - especially if in unexperienced hands. If the bumps are small, sometimes they are best left alone.
Dr Nevianna Bordet
Consultant Dermatologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... bordet.php

2 posts