Skin Growth

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
JasonR86

by JasonR86 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:24 am

Skin Growth

Hello,

just over a month ago i started itching and scratching a spot/pimple on my knee. was a normal hair follicle site. after some profuse scratching and squeeing, without realising I had broken the skin where is bled every so lightly more of the clear liquid then with some minor bleeding. stoped after a few seconds of pressing.

after a couple days of not taking any notice whatsoever i then realised the same site was larger and harder like a scab which was quite itchy. I tried to relieve the itchiness around the site but not touching the actual site itself. After a week or so I informed the doctors, i sent pictures in and they had explained that if it was of any concern to hem they would let me know. I don not hear anything, and after a quick call i was told the body will deal with it and no cause for alarm.

The site was and is still now a raised large hard growth on my knee some 5mm off the normal skin level. the growth seems to follow the natural skin pattern and growing vertically away from the skin. it doesn’t seem to be getting any larger and has stayed the same for almost the last month. i am consciious not to rub it too hard with the towel when coming out of he shower too. It dries like a scab. On one occasion i did rub little harder and it seemed to rb away dead skin off the top but was them immediately exposed to some blood spotting (pin prick) in amongst the growth as if just about coming to the surface. that was it. can anything be done to get rid of it, either medically or even ellective. I have become extremely conscious of it especially showing it when wearing shorts etc. some photos attached. Thanks
Attachments
D523E8D7-4AD7-41CD-98A5-4B8643403258.jpeg
D523E8D7-4AD7-41CD-98A5-4B8643403258.jpeg (298.81 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
EA4A632F-2DF4-4B54-A466-CBC33DB45055.jpeg
EA4A632F-2DF4-4B54-A466-CBC33DB45055.jpeg (332.74 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
81C5CF39-3453-4DB3-A933-09B4D2FFB331.jpeg
81C5CF39-3453-4DB3-A933-09B4D2FFB331.jpeg (409.33 KiB) Viewed 1414 times

Julie Van Onselen

by Julie Van Onselen on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:37 pm

Re: Skin Growth

Dear Jason
Thank you for sharing your pictures and describing your skin lesion.If your GP has told you 'your body will deal with the lesion', it is likely they have diagnosed a common wart. However, any skin lesion that appears and grows rapidly should be examined. I suggest you ask for a F2F GP appointment for a skin examination, to be absolutely sure of your diagnosis.
If it is a common wart, there are lots of options for treatment on the pharmacy shelf, but a large wart is difficult to clear with salicylic acid (the ingredient in wart treatments) - do ask your pharmacist for more advice on suitable treatments, so you may simply wait for your immune system to reject the wart. All the best.
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

2 posts