Seborrhoeic keratosis treatment and support

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
BeautyShark

by BeautyShark on Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:42 am

Seborrhoeic keratosis treatment and support

I have seborrhoeic keratosis over most of my body but in particular my back and my groin. The NHS will not treat this but fail to understand the mental impact of this condition. I am unable to wear the clothes I want, go swimming/wear a swimming costume or have a Bikini wax, because of the extreme embarrassment I feel. It has got to the stage that I am tempted to try and cut some of these out in my own due to the lack of support from the NHS but fear I may cause greater damage. Is there anything I can do myself at home to keep these under control-I am not old and therefore not ready to become a barnacle!

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:47 pm

Re: Seborrhoeic keratosis treatment and support

So sorry to hear about your skin embarrassing propblem! Seborrheic keratoses can be frozen with cryotherapy using liquid nitrogen by your dermatologist or GP. There is also a publication that Efudix cream, available on prescription, might help.

I hope this is helpful.
With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford

https://www.alexandroff.org.uk/

Instagram your_skin_dr
Twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts