rash of growths on neck

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
scratchalot

by scratchalot on Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:28 am

rash of growths on neck

I have what feels like crops of warts in patches on my neck, the fold of my neck area and worst of all, on my throat. They itch sometimes and they feel horrible to the touch. I suspect tag warts though I cannot see them in the mirror. How can I get rid of them as they feel awful, I told my doctor some time back when the first batch appeared and he said he couldn't see anything, but they are definitely there.
I need something safe especially on my throat, to remove them as they seem to be spreading everywhere and they make me feel so unclean.

Thanks.

Dr Nevianna Bordet

by Dr Nevianna Bordet on Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:36 pm

Re: rash of growths on neck

You may have dermatosis papulosa nigra. These are tiny harmless growths that can appear with age. They are a variant of seborrhoea keratosis (also known as old age warts). Liquid nitrogen treatment can be effective but may leave scars.
Dr Nevianna Bordet
Consultant Dermatologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... bordet.php

2 posts