Masson's haemangioma/intravascular papillary endothelial hyperplasia (?!)

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
OzBoyLondon

by OzBoyLondon on Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:29 pm

Masson's haemangioma/intravascular papillary endothelial hyperplasia (?!)

I have had a biopsy, so that apparently is exactly what I have. :-)

The condition seemingly started a year ago from me scratching my back with a chromed metal letter opener and originally covered a large part of my middle and upper back, and has now naturally reduced down to a smaller patch but has been the same size for about six months now and seems to now be "established" and not going away.

My Consultant says they have not come across it before and has given me the name of another Consultant who can possibly remove but via expensive laser usage.

What treatment/s and/or medication/s are available please to eradicate Masson's haemangioma/intravascular papillary endothelial hyperplasia, as my Consultant seems baffled ????

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:02 pm

Re: Masson's haemangioma/intravascular papillary endothelial hyperplasia (?!)

Hello.
This is really rare. Perhaps the best if you ask your consultant to have your case discussed at the Royal Society of Medicine Dermatological section.

I hope this is helpful.
With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford

https://www.alexandroff.org.uk/

Instagram your_skin_dr
Twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts