Erythrokeratodermia Variabilis

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
K8ie0822

by K8ie0822 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:34 am

Erythrokeratodermia Variabilis

Hello,

I have EKV and am now finally plaque free (at long last! Something positive to come out of Covid for me!). Is there any creams or lotions you can recommend to help with the build up? I have been prescribed Salicylic acid from my dermatologist, but this is mixed with parrafin and whilst it's OK for the thick build up, I'd like something that's less thick for everyday use/maintenance.

Thanks for your reply 😊

Dr Emma Wedgeworth

by Dr Emma Wedgeworth on Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:07 pm

Re: Erythrokeratodermia Variabilis

Hi there,

Have you tried something with urea in it? Some of the skincare companies do an intensive 10% urea containing moisturiser. The other option might be some of the more cosmetic preparations (but unfragranced) which are made for bumpy skin on the back of the arm (keratosis pilaris). These contain lactic acid and sometimes glycolic acid which can help get rid of some of the thicker skin.

Hope this helps and glad to hear the patches have improved!

BW
Dr Emma
Dr Emma Wedgeworth
Consultant Dermatologist & BSF spokesperson

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... eworth.php

2 posts