testicle larger than the other

If you have questions about testicular or penile health please post them here for our experts and charity partners to answer.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:55 pm

testicle larger than the other

I'm 25 and have noticed that one of my testicles is larger than the other. This has got me quite worried and am wondering what should I do about it?
Tx James
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Mr Benjamin Challacombe

by Mr Benjamin Challacombe on Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:49 pm

Re: testicle larger than the other

James
Sorry to hear this.
Unfortunately often there isn't much that be done and all pairs of testicles are slightly unequal in terms of size. If it is a new thing then worth checking. It could be due to previous infection, mumps, one not dropping until after the other as a child, previous trauma/hernia operation.
It can be investigated with an ultrasound scan and some bloods. On a positive note we men have 2 so as long as one is large enough it should be making enough sperms and testosterone (testes function) to do the required jobs.
Mr Benjamin J Challacombe
Consultant Urological Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... acombe.php

Dr Prasanna Sooriakumaran

by Dr Prasanna Sooriakumaran on Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Dear James

It's v common for the testicles to be slightly different sizes and this in itself is nothing to worry about. However, if one testis has changed in size recently this is worth getting checked, and then you should go to see your GP or urologist for an examination and possibly an ultrasound scan. It may just be some fluid or a varicose vein type condition, but worth checking.

Cheers

PS
scastle@santishealth.org
Dr Prasanna Sooriakumaran
Consultant Urological Surgeon

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... umaran.php

Pieter Meiring

by Pieter Meiring on Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:41 pm

Dear James

As a herbalist, if you came to see me I would refer you to your GP. As Benjamin and Prasanna stated above, it may be nothing to worry about but (especially if this is a recent change), please make an appointment at your surgery.

Best wishes
Pieter

4 posts