Crohns and chronic fatigue

Clinical experts, including Dr Jamal Hayat, and Julie Thompson, will be available from 12-23 April to answer questions on issues surrounding bowel incontinence, bowel cancer, constipation, IBS and any other bowel issues.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:51 pm

Crohns and chronic fatigue

As someone with crohns and chronic fatigue,I need your help and advice. As someone who isn't working, whenever I leave the house, I will not eat until I get back home. This is a problem because in lots of cases, I tend to leave the house mid-afternoon. So I sometimes return home around evening time. So, by this time, I usually haven't eaten for about 20 odd hours. I do this because I can't eat and then leave home with a full gut cos of crohns. By evening time, I am totally goosed. I am so light headed and so unsteady. I've had blackouts, falls cos of total exhaustion. How do I leave the house for everyday chores without feeling so lethargic all the time and to avoid these blackouts and falls?
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Jamal Hayat
Report Quote

by Dr Jamal Hayat on Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:15 pm

Re: Crohns and chronic fatigue

Hi ,

It seems as if your symptoms which you feel are related to your Crohns is severely impacting your quality of life and ability to do things. In the first instance - I would suggest seeing your GP to discuss your symptoms further. You may need to be assessed by a gastroenterologist to see if there is any objective evidence of active Crohns which may respond to the appropriate treatment to help with your symptoms.
Dr Jamal Hayat
Consultant Gastroenterologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _hayat.php

2 posts