Ulcers on vulva from LS flare-up

BSF and talkhealth are teaming up to offer an online expert clinic on lichen sclerosus.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
hthomson72

by hthomson72 on Mon May 10, 2021 8:48 pm

Ulcers on vulva from LS flare-up

Hi
I’m currently in the middle of a bad flare-up where I have been on oral prednisolone, and using Lotriderm cream, however it has escalated and I now have very painful ulcers on my vulva. These are making urination extremely uncomfortable, and I’m finding myself trying not to drink too much, to try to reduce the amount of times I urinate. Some forums have suggested that dabbing olive oil to the area can help with LS, and could even totally get rid of it, but I’m nervous about using something not recommended by a doctor. On the other hand, the pain is so bad that I’m willing to try anything. What is the best course of action to help heal ulcers and return to some degree of ‘normality’? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Fri May 14, 2021 2:38 pm

Re: Ulcers on vulva from LS flare-up

So sorry to hear about this! Your GP can prescribe dermovate. If it does not settle with dermovate your need to see your gynaecologist or dermatologist.

I hope this is helpful.
Best wishes,
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD
www.alexandroff.org.uk
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

2 posts