LED light treatment for acne scars

BSF and talkhealth are teaming up to offer an online expert clinic on acne & spots. Post your questions here
3 posts
Roowt589
Report Quote

by Roowt589 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:06 pm

LED light treatment for acne scars

I would like to know if LED light treatment is truly effective for acne scars.

I am considering purchasing an LED light device for home use. They are costly and I am reluctant to spend close to £2000 unless it is going to make a significant difference.

Are these home devices yet another waste of time and money?
How do I know which one to purchase?
Would laser treatment produce better results?

Acne scarring has devastated my confidence and and mental health. I am severely depressed and withdrawn. At the same time I do not want to be exploited by the cosmetic industry and have limited funds available. It is proving tricky to decide which treatment option to choose because there is so much commercial hype.
Attachments
IMG_7491.jpg
IMG_7491.jpg (192.42 KiB) Viewed 5350 times
IMG_7489.jpg
IMG_7489.jpg (236.56 KiB) Viewed 5350 times

Dr Anton Alexandroff
Report Quote

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:14 pm

Re: LED light treatment for acne scars

Good afternoon,

I am so sorry to hear about your acne scars. Laser works much better. I would recommend to see Mrs Liliana Marsa: www.laserskintreatment.co.uk
email liliana@laserskintreatment.co.uk
address 55 Harley Street, London

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards,
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

Thivimaru
Report Quote

by Thivimaru on Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:42 pm

Re: LED light treatment for acne scars

I am so sorry to hear this - the acne scarring is having a major impact on your life - have you seen your GP about your feelings? It wis important to address your mental health as well as your skin.
Regarding the scarring - I would not recommend this type of treatment. You have different types of acne scarring in the photo so the best place to start would be to see a Consultant Dermatologist or Plastic surgeon with experience of treating acne scarring to discuss what the best treatment options are and to make sure that you acne (if any) is also properly treated to prevent further scarring.

Best wishes

Dr Thivi
Dr Thiviyani Maruthappu
Consultant Dermatologist

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... maruthappu

3 posts