Inexpensive hair loss solutions

BSF and talkhealth are teaming up to offer an online clinic on hair loss/alopecia.

Sign in and post your questions here.
2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:37 pm

Inexpensive hair loss solutions

I would love to know how can I get my hair back without paying lots of money. I got stressed and anxious and I lost too much hair. I always had anxiety so it never grow back since I started losing it 15 years ago... Now I have less hair and I'm super worried as I'm going to get bald and I'm a woman. It's an horrible feeling
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Alia Ahmed
Report Quote

by Dr Alia Ahmed on Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:15 pm

Re: Inexpensive hair loss solutions

Thank you for your question. Hair loss can be extremely distressing and it can become a vicious cycle where you are upset about hair loss, becoming more stressed and the hair loss getting worse. Options for you try are:
Diet - aim for protein rich foods
Supplementation - consider iron, zinc and vitamin D supplementation over-the-counter
Hair styling - protect the hair by minimising heat styling, using a lower heat setting, heat protection sprays and avoiding tight styles that pull fragile hair from the scalp
Wash the hair and scalp regularly to avoid build-up that can affect hair health
Avoid sleeping with wet hair as this is when it is fragile and prone to breakage
Consider the use of hair thickening fibres
Consider stress management techniques to deal with negative feelings associated with hair loss (e.g. mindfulness, relaxation exercises)
Not all hair loss treatments are expensive and there are some available on the NHS, speak to your GP
Dr Alia Ahmed
Consultant Dermatologist - BSc MRCP

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _ahmed.php

2 posts