Patchy skin colour

talkhealth are teaming up with The British Skin Foundation, The Psoriasis Association, The British Association of Skin Camouflage (BASC) and Vitiligo Society to offer an online expert clinic on general skin conditions.

Sign in to post your questions.
4 posts
Darren2020
Report Quote

by Darren2020 on Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:30 am

Patchy skin colour

I noticed this about 1 year ago where my skin is patchy in colour, just around my stomach area mainly. I’m not sure what it is, it’s causing me no issues that I’m aware of but worried it may be something more sinister. The image is the upper left part of my stomach area, just under the chest. The lighter colour is my normal skin tone.
Attachments
649DF15B-D0E0-427E-91CD-67D2F1CDA500.jpeg
649DF15B-D0E0-427E-91CD-67D2F1CDA500.jpeg (55.69 KiB) Viewed 3934 times

Vanessa Jane Davies
Report Quote

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:02 pm

Re: Patchy skin colour

Hello Darren

Skin camouflage can help to temporarily hide and disguise uneven skin colour on the face and body. The products come in a variety of applications and are suitable for large areas. If this would be of interest you would need to approach your GP first to establish the cause of the uneven colour.

Looking at the photography the application and colour matching would be quite straight forward for you to do yourself once you have had the tuition.

Contact: Changing Faces, The British Association of Skin Camouflage or myself at Skin Camouflage Services if you would like further information

All the best
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

Dr Nevianna Bordet
Report Quote

by Dr Nevianna Bordet on Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:07 am

I am sorry but it is not possible to give you a diagnosis based on a photo. In order to make a diagnosis, us dermatologists need to take a thorough history and perform a full examination. A patch of increased pigmentation (hyperpigmentation) can be due to a number of reasons. Please make an appointment to see your GP if you are concerned.
Dr Nevianna Bordet
Consultant Dermatologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... bordet.php

Dr Sree Krishna
Report Quote

by Dr Sree Krishna on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:41 am

Hi Darren,

I think you have a yeast build up on your skin called pityriasis versicolor. It might be worthwhile getting hold of an anti-yeast shampoo, making it up into a lather and then washing it off after 3-5 minutes.

You should notice some improvement within a few weeks.

Hope that helps a little!

Sree
Dr Sreedhar Krishna
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Clinical Fellow in Dermatopathology

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... ar-krishna

4 posts