Melasma treatment

talkhealth are teaming up with The British Skin Foundation, The Psoriasis Association, The British Association of Skin Camouflage (BASC) and Vitiligo Society to offer an online expert clinic on general skin conditions.

Sign in to post your questions.
3 posts
Sweet Lilly
Report Quote

by Sweet Lilly on Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:02 pm

Melasma treatment

I have melasma on my face (on both of my cheeks) for quite some time. I have been using over the counter face serum to reduce the pigmentation, however, the discoloration is still there. Can you suggest any treatment for melasma?

Vanessa Jane Davies
Report Quote

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:14 pm

Re: Melasma treatment

Hello

Skin camouflage works incredibly well in disguising Melasma and is certainly worth while exploring. I suggest you have a chat with an experienced skin camouflage practitioner who regularly works with hyper pigmentation either via BASC or my all means you can contact us at Skin Camouflage Services.

There are many different brands, techniques and a wealth of colours that can you try during a consultation - you will then be taught how to apply the products yourself and how to manage the application alongside your current skin care /make up routine. NOTE Skin camouflage is not permanent nor is it tattooing.

I hope this helps. All the very best
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

Dr Sree Krishna
Report Quote

by Dr Sree Krishna on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:37 am

Re: Melasma treatment

Hi there,

There are many products recommended in the treatment of melasma. In my experience, protecting your skin meticulously will help prevent progression (e.g. high factor sunscreen).

In terms of actual treatments, I have had excellent results from Pigmanorm cream which I prescribe online. This is a blend of a steroid cream, tretinoin and hydroquinone.

Hope that helps a little!

Sree
Dr Sreedhar Krishna
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Clinical Fellow in Dermatopathology

https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/c ... ar-krishna

3 posts