Highly sensitive skin

talkhealth are teaming up with The British Skin Foundation, The Psoriasis Association, The British Association of Skin Camouflage (BASC) and Vitiligo Society to offer an online expert clinic on general skin conditions.

Sign in to post your questions.
2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:32 am

Highly sensitive skin

For many years I have suffered from acne and then eczema which is helped by keeping the skin moisturised with prescribed emollients: Diprobase, Dermol 500, Aquamax, Doublebase Gel.

4 years ago after day surgery for appendix I ended up 11 days in hospital with sepsis. The treatment with antibiotics was lifesaving but left me with some gut problems (now resolved). Since that time the skin has became highly sensitive all over with the problem areas taking longer to heal. The eruptions occur in the same locations. The skin heals over whiteheads underneath, and does not seem to clear properly. In due course the same areas erupt again and are so slow to heal.

Is there anything I can do about this, or do I just have to live with it?

Thank you.
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Emma Wedgeworth
Report Quote

by Dr Emma Wedgeworth on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:38 am

Re: Highly sensitive skin

Sorry to hear you are struggling. It sounds like there has been a shift in your skin. It’s difficult to know exactly what might be happening within the skin, but I think it would be important for you to have another Dermatology consultation to work out exactly why your skin is behaving like this. I’m sure there will be something that can help and you don’t just have to live with it. Good luck and best wishes.
Dr Emma Wedgeworth
Consultant Dermatologist & BSF spokesperson

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... eworth.php

2 posts