Decreased urine output

From painful passing to overactivity, loads of us are living with urology conditions. That's why we are working with The Urology Foundation on a clinic all about peeing troubles so that you can ask your urology questions in our safe online forum.
2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:16 pm

Decreased urine output

Despite taking a daily diuretic, I have slowed considerably for about 1 1/2 yrs on urine output. Have talked about it to GP and cardiologist, yet no one seems to be concerned. This is very unusual for me. Normally, after taking the diuretic in AM, the flood gates open for the next few hrs. It is no longer the case. Frequently, I find it difficult to begin releasing any urine even though I have the urge. This just doesn't seem to be in any way normal for me. Other times, I experience incontinence since a stroke 7 yrs. ago. Is there any reason to be concerned?
Thank you. NParker
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Professor Marcus Drake
Report Quote

by Professor Marcus Drake on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:58 pm

Re: Decreased urine output

I don't think you need to be concerned about the urine volume after the tablet; these tablets are firstly aimed to reduce excess water and salt in your body, and then keep their levels suitable once the excess is gone. The fact that you do not make much urine in response probably means you have got suitable amounts of water and salt in your body (no excess to get rid of).
The urgency and difficulty getting started may be because of the stroke; if they are a big problem, your GP can review the situation.

2 posts