How Does Smoking Affect Asthma?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

11 posts
MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:09 pm

Re: How Does Smoking Affect Asthma?

I knew smoking badly damages the lungs but I did not know exactly how. Your post, Latrice Sang, should be read by anyone tempted to smoke: asthma or no asthma. The biology of smoking is horrific: it is a slow form of strangulation. Anyone who understood this would not take up the smoking habit. In fact, early 20th century and onwards, scientists researched the effects of smoking and tried to highlight the dangers to the public. But the entertainment industry did not like this and encouraged young and old alike to take up the habit. It was seen as sexy, cool: the adjectives go on. But millions of people died from lung cancer. And people are still dying. I can't push forward this thought enough: cigarettes will strangle its user.

The fact my friend smokes and has asthma is even worse. I don't think she realizes the damage she is doing herself. I can't talk to her about it, but I wish she'd stop: for her own sake.

It is deeply saddening and I hope anyone gives up the cigarette habit today.

11 posts