3 year old son dx'd with asthma

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

2 posts
Camsmommy1978

by Camsmommy1978 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:03 pm

3 year old son dx'd with asthma

Hi all.

I'm here becuase of my 3 year old son being diagnosed with asthma. In February of this year he was ambulanced from our local hosptal to a level I PICU due to RSV, pneumonia, and bronchiolitis. He was put on ProAir at his appt after the hospital stay along with albuterol nebulizer as needed. He did seemingly well this year until November when we all got sick (the entire family) with colds. Two of us were dx'd with sinus infections but my 3 year old had a clear chest/lungs at the end of November. Fast forward to this month and all heck broke loose for him. He went to the pedi's today and was dx'd with Asthmatic Bronchitits and an ear infection. He was prescribed prednisone, zythromax and Flovent.

I'm not sure what this means for us for the cold/flu seasons in the future. Since he was born, every winter he has either had pneumonia, bronchitis or bronchiolitis. Have any of you ever had children with a similar story?

I'm glad I found a group that can guide us through this journey!

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:16 am

Re: 3 year old son dx'd with asthma

Hello Cammsmommy - welcome to talkasthma.

You really have had a rough ride. How is your little boy now? Are you managing to stay clear of more colds and viruses?

Hope to see you back in the forum soon and hopefully getting the support you need.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts