Asthma attacks and stress responses in adulthood

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

5 posts
ehwag

by ehwag on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Asthma attacks and stress responses in adulthood

Hi all,

I have had bronchial asthma when I was younger, though no symptoms have been present for some time now. But I understand asthma is a complex condition, so with my education in psychology I am doing a study to add to research in this field.

The research is an online survey looking at the relationship between stress and asthma. It is not a medical study, and I will not profit in any way from people participating. It is designed to understand how people with asthma attacks can be supported better.

Here is the link if you have had an attack and can spare a few minutes: http://www.asthma-attack-research.com/

please ask any questions you might have. More info via the link as well.

Also please feel free to use this discussion to post your own thoughts and feelings about how an attack can cause stress reactions, or how stress affects your asthma.

Kind Regards,

E.

ehwag

by ehwag on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Asthma attacks and stress responses in adulthood

Hello,

Just for a quick update, we currently have 75 completed surveys out of the minimum goal of 100! So far the progress has been great, so thank you everyone who has participated or passed the survey on to someone.

However, we need at least 100 complete responses in order to perform the statistical analysis and represent an accurate diversity of people with asthma.

Please consider participating in the survey if you haven't already, it would be a great help to the research effort. (www.asthma-attack-research.com)

Thank you again to all who have taken part already, we look forward to sharing the results!

E.

ehwag

by ehwag on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello,

We're almost finished now! We have 89/100 completed surveys, only a few more to go :)

E.

ehwag

by ehwag on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:01 pm

Hello!
***The survey is now closed***
Thank you to everyone who has participated and made this study possible. A summary of the results will be available via the same link as the survey in about 8 weeks time when the study has been completed.
Kind regards
E.

Kate99

by Kate99 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:49 am

Please give us a reminder when the results are available, thanks

5 posts