Why now?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

5 posts
Kate99

by Kate99 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:40 am

Why now?

My asthma seems to be acting up at the moment and i can't understand why? It seems to be earlier in the day that it is worse. I am coughing and short of breath. I have increased my dosage (something i have discussed with my practice nurse and she is happy for me to adjust as necessary) in the last few days to try and get it under control. I am not a hay fever sufferer and i am doing the same amount of exercise as i have been doing the last couple of weeks.

Any ideas on why my asthma has got worse?

williamsmummy

by williamsmummy on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: Why now?

It could be down to a number of things, perhaps you have a viral infection, which your body is trying to fight off?
Or you may be more stressed than normal.
Have you got any other envirommental alleriges?

are you sleeping ok?

hope this gets sorted soon for you.
Sarah Chapman
Alex Curtis Trust
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Kate99

by Kate99 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi,

it is so interesting what you suggested as most of those apply to me. I am having trouble sleeping at the mo and have been under lots of stress which has been making me feel quite rough (ulcers, headaches etc) but i didn't realise either of these could affect my asthma?

Also i have been on a steroid nasal spray for an unknown allergy which i have just stopped and had symptoms all start up again - need to make drs appt!

No viral infection that i know of?!

Thanks so much for your reply - gives me lots to think about!

williamsmummy

by williamsmummy on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:11 pm

am glad i could help!
Sarah Chapman
Alex Curtis Trust
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Kate99

by Kate99 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi, I was thinking about what you said and wondering why is it that sleep and stress affect asthma?

I understand that asthma affects sleep as i have had many sleepness nights with my asthma but i didn't know it worked the other way round too.

Your points were really interesting and made me realise a lot more can affect my asthma than i thought.

5 posts