How to save the cost of Asthma Inhalers?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

2 posts

Was this useful?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 1

Dr.Fiona Shetty

by Dr.Fiona Shetty on Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:21 pm

How to save the cost of Asthma Inhalers?

Did you know that most of the patients do not use their Asthma inhalers correctly?

I observed few patients who do not even shake the inhaler before using it and most of them just press the inhaler after opening the mouth, they do not know how and when to take a deep breath after pressing the inhaler. This is very sad.........

Patients keep taking inhaler doses without any knowledge of how to use an inhaler correctly and so most of the medication remains in their mouth and throat, only 10% medicine reaches the lung. How will the patient get relief if there is not enough medicine reaching the lungs as prescribed by the doctor?

I went through this training online where they show you step by step of how to use your inhaler. Really great stuff. Check it out.

I remember their link : http://www.use-inhalers.com/

I recommend all the asthmatic patients using Metered dose inhaler must watch this website once.

Thanks
Dr.Fiona

Marcus Leonard

by Marcus Leonard on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:57 pm

Re: How to save the cost of Asthma Inhalers?

Hi there I am a product design student from Bournemouth University I just recently Posted on this forum about creating a product for young teenagers (11-16) to create more awareness about their condition and make it more socially acceptable to use as well as reminding them that they need to use their preventer inhalers on a day to day basis. Any thoughts on this would be brilliant as well as any groups in and around bournemouth/dorset where i could speak to students of this age group about what they like and dislike about their inhalers.

Thanks for your time
Marcus

2 posts