At My Wits End

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

3 posts
AngeliqueEbert

by AngeliqueEbert on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:17 pm

At My Wits End

After a rather severe bout of pneumonia that landed me in the hospital for near 5 months when I was 14 years old, upon my release they had informed me of many things, one of which that I would most likely suffer from asthma the rest of my life. I was given an rescue inhaler of which I had hardly used and never gave it much thought because my symptoms never came to light as much. Then when I was 24 I had come down with a severe chest and sinus infection, the emergency room doctor said that it was affecting my asthma and had placed me on a nebulizer. After the sickness went away, I had found less and less need for the nebulizer machine. Now I am 32 years old and its just gotten increasingly worse within the last 3 years or so.

I have two different nebulizer solutions that I use on a daily basis, a rescue inhaler, Symbicort, Spirivia, and two different allergy medications. I had a pulmonary test done this year and my diaphram is pressing against my lungs and the right side of my heart is being forced to work harder. I was also recently diagnosed with allergies that I had not had before, which is the ragweed, dust mites, and animals. This on top of several other problems that I have, which include sleep apnea.

The cold bothers me, the heat bothers, strong odors bother me. I cannot seem to find a happy medium. I recently have begun an asthma program through my insurance and I am slowly starting to learn things that I had never known about my asthma before, but even with the education I find that I am at my wits end with the limitations that my asthma is putting on me. I have had to eliminate so many things out of my life because of my medical problems and asthma and it bothers me. Does anyone out there have any advice or any experience in which they can help a woman in distress? Thank you so very much for letting me vent.

SurgicallyClean

by SurgicallyClean on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: At My Wits End

Take a look at your air quality in your home. most people would be appalled if they knew what they were breathing in. I love my air treatment machine and it has saved me from smells and particles in the air. Greatest thing that ever happened to me.

ttinman23

by ttinman23 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:04 am

Re: At My Wits End

Sorry to hear about this nightmare, I am somewhat dealing with the things you are. All, I do everyday is try to do some research and find some kind of solution or something that makes life bearable. If something comes to light I will try and let you know. Hang in there.

3 posts