New and scared

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

4 posts
kamap

by kamap on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:22 pm

New and scared

I had childhood asthma. I was "over it" in my teens and most of my adult life. Well, I just got diagnosed with it again yesterday. I'm scared, mad, panicky, confused, and not ready to give up pursueing a life I love to live. I love to workout, and workout hard.
I like to be busy and I usually follow a very healthy lifestyle, but here lately it has all fallen to s***. I have been sick for about the last month, and my eating is way off. I can control my eating, and making efforts to do so, but what is really killing me is not being able (or even feel like) to workout, I need a good heart pounding sweat dripping workout! I am so sick, of being told to rest and take it easy. I am 52 years old, but not "old". Sorry. Just needed to vent. I really feel like bawling. Plus I don't like to be on meds and I am now! :o :o :o :o :o :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kathryn Dewdney

by Kathryn Dewdney on Sat May 04, 2013 11:24 am

Re: New and scared

Hi Kamap,
Asthma may still cause fear when people are first diagnosed with it, but this should no longer be so. In the last 40 years medical science has come along way in the treatment of asthma, and if you are on the right medication asthma should be controlled, and symptoms will be few if any. Asthma should no longer restrict daily activities, and indeed, many famous high achieving sports people have asthma, these include Paula Radcliffe, Rebecca Adlington, Paul Scholes and Lord Sebastian Coe. No one likes taking medication, but inhalers are now simple and easy to use and if you are on the usual maintenance dose rarely cause any side effects. A preventer inhaler taken in the morning and the evening should stop the airway inflammation that occurs in asthma. A reliever inhaler should always be available to take if symptoms occur, but this should only be occasional use if your preventer medication is adequate. If your asthma is exercise induced it is advisable to take a dose of reliever beforehand.
I hope this has been helpful. If you still have concerns speak to your asthma nurse.
Kathryn Dewdney
Asthma Nurse
Alex Curtis Trust
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

miracleworker

by miracleworker on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi Kamap

I am an ex health care professional but in my new role, I still get to help people with health problems including long term diseases (chronic), such as asthma. I am thrilled to have recently found a vital product which contains 'the spark plugs of life' and this may be of benefit to you - I picked up on your 'dislike' of taking conventional medications. Please feel free to contact me.
Last edited by admin on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Contact details removed as promoting products which is not permitted in these forums

healthcare247

by healthcare247 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:37 pm

You must follow regular inhalation therapy along with yoga exercise like pranayam.

4 posts