Doctors and asthma treatment.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

2 posts
alistairm

by alistairm on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Doctors and asthma treatment.

I am new to this forum and would like to take this opportunity to talk about Doctors and Asthma treatment.
I am classed as atopic suffering both asthma and eczema since birth,some 56 years ago.
Around 1980 i first required an inhaler for constant use and the obligatory course of steroids.Since that date till approx 2007 i had no major problems but all thereafter went wrong.Since 2007 i have been issued with seretide 125,thereafter seretide 250 and then seretide 500.I also take montelukast at night and a dailly anti histamine and of course many treatments of that old faithful prednisolone,approx 3x1 month courses per year.
January 2012 i required a corneal graph which was done and i was thereafter placed on cyclosporin and prednisolone.The steroid treatment was for 14 month.
Now my point is this,i repeatedly asked my doctor to reduce the amount of seretide being taken due to the new drugs both of which have a calming effect on the body and they refused to do so despite the Asthma being well under control.
Am i wrong to ask for such a reduction?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 am

Re: Doctors and asthma treatment.

Hi alistairm and thanks for posting in our forums. To talk to one of our medical panel you will need to take part in one of our online clinics. Given you are 50+ then you might like to visit our 50+ health clinic and post in there. It opens next Wednesday 17 April for one week. Hope this will help you http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... s_2013.php
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts