Coughing and Clenil Modulite

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

3 posts
gabriellap

by gabriellap on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Coughing and Clenil Modulite

I suffer from coughing - more more so over the past couple of years since I had a bad bout of flu. My doctor had me do a peak flow test and advised that I am suffering from mild asthma. I started taking Clenil about a year ago, and it has helped a lot with my coughing (which occurred mainly at night time). However I keep getting oral thrush and acid reflux when taking it (I always wash my mouth and clean my teeth after inhaling). I have also taken tablets for the acid reflux, but obviously cannot take them forever. I have stopped taking Clenil for the last couple of weeks because I am fed up of having oral thrush, but now my coughing has started again. Can anyone offer any useful advice please?

Kathryn Dewdney

by Kathryn Dewdney on Fri May 03, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: Coughing and Clenil Modulite

Hi Gabriella,
Oral thrush can be a problem when using a steroid inhaler, more so when taking high doses; taking a steroid inhaler via a spacer considerably reduces this risk. You are doing the right thing by rinsing your mouth after using the inhaler.
If you are not already doing so, try using a spacer. If oral thrush still remains a problem, have a word with your GP, who may change you to an inhaler called Alvesco, which has been found to cause less oral thrush.
Kathryn Dewdney
Asthma Nurse
Alex Curtis Trust
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Gifry_2 Roy

by Gifry_2 Roy on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:13 am

Re: Coughing and Clenil Modulite

Nice post!

3 posts