COPD

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, nanny54321

3 posts
san1969

by san1969 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:19 pm

COPD

Hi Everyone.

I have COPD, emphasemia, my lungs are hyperinflated and they are now too big for my body. I am 43 years old, been diagnosed a year, just the last few months, i have deteriorated from mild copd, to having the emphasemia and hyperinflated lungs.

liney

by liney on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Re: COPD

Hiya,
I have COPD/Emphysema and had alot of lung infections. It would clear with steriods and antibiotics, then in a week it would be bad again. My GP referred me back to my consultant, who organised further test's.
It turned out I had a cancer tumor on my right lung. I went into hospital for a lobectomy, on 14th Dec 2010,
came home a week before christmas. I was grateful that my GP did something and never fobbed me off, otherwise it would have spread. I am on alot of medication, but I also have other health problems.
I do get frustrated that I can't do what I once did, but I love my garden. I can only manage 15 mins at a time, then rest for awhile. Having a litter picker to pull out any weeds helps, so I keep plodding on.
Always kept positive about thing's, and my health problems - so never give in.

adamoariel

by adamoariel on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: COPD

Try salt therapy if you like natural treatments, my uncle did and he had great results, now he can go for longer walks without having to stop, before he was unable to pop out to the nearest grocery shop without a break.. they do it in salt caves.

3 posts